Author Topic: NFL RSS  (Read 6042 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
NFL RSS
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »
Since i cant find a screenlet for strictly NFL scores and one for fantasy football news/tips/etc i figured i would just use two RSS screenlets, one for each.

But to my suprise i cant find feeds for these two things either. Any of you guys know of one? I just want one that shows me realtime scores for all nfl teams on gameday, and one that shows a feed of fantasy news and stuff.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: NFL RSS
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 02:15:56 PM »
i scoped through some of the source code @ nfl.com.  their score strip (the 950x50 pixel flash-based "menu" that shows you every game and its score) uses this rss feed: http://static.nfl.com/liveupdate/scorestrip/ss.xml

"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 02:24:10 PM »
that was a really good idea man, thanks! i bet i can do the same with cbs's fantasy news (the one i actually read)
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:32:30 PM »
Turns out the screenlets app can convert any online widget over to a local one. So i went here:

http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/fantasy-football

and copiued the html in and got a fancy new widget. In case anyone else is interested. And i think Screenlet is cross platform, but im sure theres a windows one that does converts as well.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 05:44:42 PM »
and for scores:

http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/live-sports-scoreboard

and that one covers all sports. like today its MLB, come an nfl game it will change.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
worked out pretty well imo :)

edit: our forum doesnt crop linked in images?

click me

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 01:01:57 PM »
You do realize you're supposed to jump on a team's bandwagon before they win the Super Bowl, right? :p

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 01:26:11 PM »
Plenty of room of the lions bandwagon!  Not only have they never won a super bowl, they've only won one playoff game in the super bowl era!

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 02:38:23 PM »
Plenty of room of the lions bandwagon!  Not only have they never won a super bowl, they've only won one playoff game in the super bowl era!

so get in now on the ground floor!  its like buying gold at $300 an ounce.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 03:12:29 PM »
You do realize you're supposed to jump on a team's bandwagon before they win the Super Bowl, right? :p

Steelers have always been my #2. Anyone whos opinion matters already knew that, so im not that concerned. I base my decision to walk away from philly on their drafting of vick, not another steelers superbowl win

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »
I think we're going to need a ruling on the acceptability of rooting for Philly and Pittsburgh

> so get in now on the ground floor!  its like buying gold at $300 an ounce.

Sort of, except that you can't see the gold because it's blacked out and when you do see it you realize you've just spent thousands on a ziploc bag full of dog shit.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 03:24:09 PM »
I find it unacceptable to root for Pittsburgh

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 03:34:32 PM »
since its a 3rd party site, it would be nearly impossible to create are own feed.

it looks like the idea has been suggested as recently as last April and considered...

http://www.fleaflicker.com/showForumMessages.do?forumsTopicId=10278&forumId=2&forumsMessageId=42349

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
I think we're going to need a ruling on the acceptability of rooting for Philly and Pittsburgh

I'm going to have to say acceptable. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think they're big rivals, especially being in different conferences. I'm a fan of the A's and Giants. Sometimes it happens. There's nothing I can do about it now, so I don't think you should be penalized if it happens to you.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
They arent that rivalistic.

@ micah

im betting we can do it with something like feed43.com but the technicalities of actually doing it are above me. If someone would like to give that a shot might be useful. The page automatically refreshes and updates scores. If we create something to "read" the site and then refresh itsself every like, 5 minutes, we should be able to do it. Even if i have to create some kind of php file to login to my account and host it on my webserver. That way my account info is secure, but we can all use the feed.