Author Topic: NFL RSS  (Read 6043 times)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: NFL RSS
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
There are two NFL cities in a state and they don't hate each other?  Pennsylvania sucks.
I'm a fan of the A's and Giants.
That doesn't count, they both suck (except Pablo Sandoval)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 04:20:58 PM »
There are two NFL cities in a state and they don't hate each other?  Pennsylvania sucks.

Don't get me wrong if they play each other there will be riots that cripple the entire state and kill law enforcement. But theres enough people that like both to make it not so suprising or a big deal. When i was a kid (around 9) i went to a steeler's game, and it's the only football game i have ever been too. I dont even remember it honestly but my dad took me.

In any event i have/had remeained faithful to the eagles but it started getting to me around 2003 and things with that team have been getting progressively worse. Vick was the last straw. I always watch both teams, and part of the reason i didnt make the change sooner was because they have been winning superbowls and i was avoiding the jbandwagon crap and all that. But i cant swallow anymore lol.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »

It's really all about conferences/leagues. It's hard to be a rival with a team outside your division. Even Yankees/Mets, Cubs/White Sox, Giants/Jets, etc are pretty lame rivalries.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
I think we're going to need a ruling on the acceptability of rooting for Philly and Pittsburgh

I'm going to have to say acceptable. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think they're big rivals, especially being in different conferences. I'm a fan of the A's and Giants. Sometimes it happens. There's nothing I can do about it now, so I don't think you should be penalized if it happens to you.

1 - AFL/NFC makes it okay.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »
> Yankees/Mets, Cubs/White Sox

what

charlie

• Jackass In Charge

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »
o......k?

But seriously, how can you think the Sox/Cubs Mets/Yanks rivalries are lame?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 08:19:22 PM »
Mets/Yankees is nothing compared to Yankees/Red Sox. Cubs are bigger rivals with the Cardinals than the White Sox.

If there's another team in your city but they're not your biggest rivals, then there has to be a reason. The reason is that they aren't in the same league.

Sure, they're real rivalries, which is something, but in comparison with the great rivalries of all time those are pretty lame.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 08:34:29 PM »
I think "lame" is a little far but yeah you're right they're definitely not in the same league for the most part.  I'm not sure about the Chicago one, though - most Sox fans I know hate the Cubs and their fans with a vengeance.  That's probably because the Sox don't really have anyone else to direct their anger at.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 08:59:24 PM »
Agreed. :thumbsup:

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »
It's the same thing with this situation. For example im destined to forever hate the cowboys and the giants because they are rival teams for phillu.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

webwhy

• Jackass IV
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 03:45:02 PM »
cub fans are a bunch of yups and tourists...seriously though it seems the sox/cubs rivalry is there but's it's one sided.  Both sides share the hatred with Cubs/Cards...