Author Topic: wireless computer speakers  (Read 5523 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
wireless computer speakers
« on: February 08, 2021, 10:07:01 PM »
I'm looking for some wireless speakers for my computer. My budget is $400. With or without woofer and can't be too big. Do you guys recommend anything?

are these worth a shit? https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-Bookshelf-Subwoofer-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B077Y6PHKQ

I should note that these will be mostly for listening to talk radio/podcasts but I would like them to be decent enough to play loud when needed :D
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: wireless computer speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 12:31:44 AM »
Sorry, can't help you.  I haven't owned speakers for my computer in about 18 years.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 09:59:14 AM »
Do you need wireless really?

I'm pretty happy with my Presonus Eris speakers (E5 XT) and they make smaller BT versions that might be worth looking into.
This signature intentionally left blank.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 10:02:58 AM »
I have a set of bookshelf Edifiers (no sub) at my computer. Haven't connected them to bluetooth in forever though. And since it's connected to the computer in the office they're never playing very loudly, but they can get loud.

One of the reviews says this particular set has some of the cabling hard-wired which could be annoying.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 10:29:02 AM »
Do you need wireless really?

I'm pretty happy with my Presonus Eris speakers (E5 XT) and they make smaller BT versions that might be worth looking into.

I want to get rid of as many wires as possible!

I have a set of bookshelf Edifiers (no sub) at my computer. Haven't connected them to bluetooth in forever though. And since it's connected to the computer in the office they're never playing very loudly, but they can get loud.

One of the reviews says this particular set has some of the cabling hard-wired which could be annoying.

good call out - thanks. So I ordered the bookshelf version only - should be here in a couple of days.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0886B1TWC/
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 12:13:21 AM »
they came in this morning. I should have paid closer attention to the dimensions, because they are pretty big (and heavy) - I was ready to return them but I did plug them in, and they sound awesome, at least to my simple ears. And they look sharp too, so I am keeping them. They get plenty loud, like Jen said.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 09:30:33 AM »
no sure how i missed this thread.
for what its worth, I bought this little bluetooth dongle thing last fall: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07198BBZN

its a transceiver (but you have to switch between receiving/sending the signal) but its great for using your existing, "traditional" analog stereo system (or in my case, a sound board mixer which bypasses my onboard soundcard on my PC and out puts to my Rokit-5 studio speakers)

Similarly theres a audio-only version of Chromecast's dongle thing which is easier to cast to from any device on your network but that was overkill for my needs
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 10:28:01 AM »
Similarly theres a audio-only version of Chromecast's dongle thing which is easier to cast to from any device on your network but that was overkill for my needs

That's a dead product now. :( Thankfully, I had mine before they discontinued it.
This signature intentionally left blank.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 10:31:37 AM »

That's a dead product now. :( Thankfully, I had mine before they discontinued it.

Bummer. We love our chromecast dongles in this house and they're on every TV. The kids are just like "Hey Google, play SssniperWolf from YouTube on Livingroom TV".... I had thought about getting the audio one for my 20+ year old stereo system in my living room, but the TV is connected to the stereo anyway, so if I want music, I just cast it to the TV and turn the stereo on anyway.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 11:38:31 AM »
Here is an awesome feature about these speakers - the latency we spoke about in the headphone thread, is minimal with these speakers. When watching music videos I do not notice it at all. Which is fantastic!