Author Topic: Super Nachos  (Read 4339 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Super Nachos
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »
I posted this one a while back, but here it is again  :thumbsup:

Needed:

1 pound lean ground beef
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
Pinch of salt
1 small can refried beans or bean dip
1 10 or 12-ounce bag corn tortilla chips
1 1/4 pounds Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese, grated
1 large onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 6-ounce can black olives, chopped

Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet. Drain. Add the chili powder, cumin and salt. Set aside for a moment. Spread a thin layer of refried beans or bean dip over the bottom of a platter or shallow, heat-proof bowl to anchor the first layer of chips.

Then spread a layer of chips over the beans, top with a layer of cheese, ground beef, onion, tomato and olives. Repeat until all the ingredients are used. Or, since this recipe usually makes about 4 layers, you can divide all the toppings into 4 portions for even layering.

Microwave on high until heated through, about 10 minutes, or bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes. Serve warm with sour cream and Guacamole Dip, if desired.

I will say that you should use the bake method to seal it all off, not the microwave. I have tried both, its just not the same.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Super Nachos
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »
Dude!

Sounds good.

I will post our Nacho recipe sometime.  Any specific brand of chips?

We found Dorito Gold to be by far the best.

I gotta try the bean thing.  Mmmmm beeeaannns.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Super Nachos
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 06:22:28 PM »
the first time (oven) i used tostisos (spelling?). The time i microwaved them it was nacho cheesier dorritos. I perfer the regular tortillia chips.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?