Author Topic: Lease Help  (Read 2228 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: Lease Help
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 11:32:04 PM »
buy american, america hater
Tell America to make decent cars in my price range that I want to buy.  They only started really doing that in the past few years... and the cars we looked that that we considered are too pricey new and there aren't (m)any used ones yet.  I'd kill for a Chevy Traverse.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 06:36:58 AM »
cpmmie

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 08:02:58 AM »
I'd kill for a Chevy Traverse.

those are getting some decent rating in consumer reports and such...look damn nice too.

Ford is really gaining some market ground in the US. Mainly do to the big up tick in quality as well as marketing. Have you thought about Ford Edge?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 09:25:18 AM »
Get the Lexus.  Get it at a Lexus dealer.  Only.

We have been thrilled with both of ours.  Used warranty is 100, 000 miles on everything except typical wears (brakes etc), paint, trim, glass and adjustments.  Trim paint and glass are covered by insurance anyway.  Always a very nice car to drive during scheduled or unscheduled services.  No having to worry about a vehicle to drive.

05 Lexus ES330 with over 70K.  Sold to get the 430.
Not a single issue.  Nothing at all.  Not a single service issue.  Not a squeak or rattle.

05 Lexus LS430 we are at 76K. Plan to drive another until 300 or 400k miles.  Still feels and looks new inside.  No squeaks or rattles or anything looking or acting worn at all.
Two issues.  The automated folding mirror failed.  They came out to the house and replaced it under warranty.
CD changer had trouble ejecting CDs I made and labeled.  Replaced under warranty.
Spoke with the mechanic.  Asked him what was likely to fail before 300,000 miles.  He said three things fail on this model.  The mirrors and the CD changers.  He said that little else fails on a regular basis.  Most of his work is typical wear items (brakes etc).

One thing you will note about a used Lexus.  They seem as tight inside as the new ones.  They just hold up well.

I can't personally speak for the SUV models, as we haven't owned them, however I have asked folks about their experiences and opinion (would they buy another) and get completely positive responses and yeses every time.  I have asked mainly about SUV models previous to the 350 series.  Used prices are good on these and resale of used Lexus models is awesome.

Whatever you purchase, test drive it on the bumpiest nastiest pothole filled post nuclear winter roads you can find.  Few things demonstrate the character of a vehicle than the Michigan road feel.

Obes.  We tested the Lexus models and all their competition on the patch of highway 81 between Scotland and Shippensburg.  Also the old Mill Rd (near the DMV) and a few other nasty uneven areas in and around the borough.

We find that if a vehicle is going to be annoying these amplify it in short order.  A patch of road like that can make you hate a crappy vehicle almost immediately.  Anything feels like a Cadillac on a nice highway.

FYI.  Nothing against Hyundai or KIA.  I would seriously consider a Hyundai Genesis (not an SUV) . However their SUV is not on a par with a Lexus, Ford or GM.  Fuck any Chrysler garbage.

Ford makes a nice product lately as does GM, but I don't know how they hold up compared to the Lexus over a couple of years.  I know the last gen Ford Explorers were garbage.  It is probably good they killed the Explorer name. 

The GMC Acadia seems nice as does the Traverse.  I would own either over the Ford I think, but this is just speculation.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »
Does anyone know if I have to turn in the Rav at the dealer we bought it from?  Or can we turn it in at any Toyota dealership?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 11:50:25 AM »
You do not.

We didn't with our Jeep.