Author Topic: What is ES reading?  (Read 80729 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: What is ES reading?
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2012, 12:07:07 AM »
So I spent a while reading today and then notice I am only 4% done according to the Kindle. The pace with this book is much slower, I went through the entire Hunger Games series in just a few days. This one is great, should provide a lot of reading which is good for me with all the sitting around at doctor appointments and what not.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »
So I'm halfway through book one of Game of Thrones and it's really good. I hate when it switches over to Dany and Viserys. Pretty much because I find her boring and I really can't stand Viserys, what an obnoxiously annoying character.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2012, 12:05:08 PM »
>>obnoxiously annoying character

don't worry. you shouldn't get too attached. to any characters.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #243 on: October 20, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
So I'm halfway through book one of Game of Thrones and it's really good. I hate when it switches over to Dany and Viserys. Pretty much because I find her boring and I really can't stand Viserys, what an obnoxiously annoying character.
Yeah I think everyone has their favorite characters. I found myself practically skimming through chapters every now and then to get back to the characters I like

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »
I skim a lot also as of late. Jon Snow would be my favorite I think...or his wolf, i'm undecided. I just finished the part where Tyrion bests Lysa and her freak son by having the guy fight for him and win. Don't tell me, but i;m fairly certain Lysa is to blame for the hand's (Jon) death as well as the attempt on Bran, using the easily disliked Lanisters as her fall family.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »
This book was really hard to get the pace of in the beginning but I am glad that I stuck with it because what a great book it is. I can see why the series went to HBO. Once I finish the first book and start on the second I think I will begin the series.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2012, 01:14:47 AM »
Book one down. Man I'm more hooked on this then I was hunger games. Already one chapter down on book two, which is clearly intent on making me feel like I am suffering to get going again lol.

Does anyone else find that after a day or two of heavy reading on a book like this that you start to think and talk in that style? Like today Ashley asked me to do something and I told her I would see to it on the marrow lol

JaWiB

• Jackass V
« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »
My internal monologue changes, but I resist the urge to speak out loud in a different style. I did find in book 3 that a certain chapter put me in a really bad mood for the entire day...

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:22 PM »
I did find in book 3 that a certain chapter put me in a really bad mood for the entire day...

which?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

JaWiB

• Jackass V
« Reply #249 on: October 22, 2012, 11:27:02 PM »
How do you do spoiler text? I don't want to ruin it for anyone...

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #250 on: October 22, 2012, 11:34:53 PM »
How do you do spoiler text? I don't want to ruin it for anyone...

Probably the best way: Is to do this

Then the person can quote you to see what you said (or zoom way the fuck in)

JaWiB

• Jackass V
« Reply #251 on: October 23, 2012, 01:29:22 AM »
Well then:

[edit by jake:] yeah.....I stopped reading after that. - I deleted your post because I don't want to spoil it for rod because I'm sure he would need to look ;) but that would kill it for him.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:55:48 AM by Jake »

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #252 on: October 23, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »
Thanks Jake, I have no will power and I would have looked lol. I should be through book two tomorrow or Thursday

JaWiB

• Jackass V
« Reply #253 on: October 23, 2012, 06:05:16 PM »
So Jake, you never finished book 3? I thought the ending was great

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #254 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »
59% done with book II. Sitting on your rear all day has some upside, i guess.