Author Topic: Should police be allowed to get in high speed chases?  (Read 2079 times)

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
Should police be allowed to get in high speed chases?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 12:23:28 PM »
http://www.carchasestatistics.com

Seems to be down at the moment though.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 03:57:11 PM »
Quote from: Mike
What I find funny is the people who slow down when they see a cop that has pulled someone over and is standing at the person's door.  Its not like they'll be able to get back to their car and catch up to me before I hit the next off ramp
My wife does this, drives me nuts.  We'll be driving past a cop who's pulled someone over and she'll freak out and tell me to go under the speed limit.  Like the cop is going to see us and run back to his cruiser and yell into his CB "Quick!  Send out an APB on a Black Hyundai who I guesstimated without my radar gun to be going 5 miles over the speed limit!  Search and destroy!"

Or worse, I'll be sitting at a stop light and she'll spot a cop on the other side of the intersection five cars back and going the other direction and yank my arm and say Cop!  Like what, we need to hide our stash or something?  :dunno:

pianorain

• Anti-Poster
  • Jackass III
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 04:09:27 PM »
Quote from: PJYelton
Like what, we need to hide our stash or something?  :dunno:
Yes.
[post=3832]axon[/post]: I hate it when people copy my originality :p

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 05:16:12 PM »
Well one problem with not chasing is that the police can't be sure if the suspect is drunk or high or something, and might be more of a danger if they just let them go.

I really can't see any way of catching a driver later on anyways, unless a helicopter follows them or they have another way of tracking the vehicle