Nothing & Everything > Open Discussion

Ready for 2020

(1/4) > >>

ober:
I swear I either pissed someone off or this is just the worst year ever.  Or maybe the worst quarter ever.  In the last quarter of 2019:

* My kids changed schools because they hated their current school so much (daughter first... then drama for a few weeks until we switched my son as well)
* I blew out a tire on the highway when I hit a pothole
* My son got pneumonia
* The rest of us have been sick for a week or more
* Wife hurt her backJust in the past week:

* Sump Pump died
* Video card in my computer died (just yesterday)
* I've been sick since Saturday (same day the sump pump died while I was trying to install a new stove)
* I was getting a treadmill for my wife (no I'm not an asshole, we sold our spin bike and wanted this instead) and I paid for them to haul it to the second floor but only one old dude showed up so I had to help him drag it to the second floor myself while I was sick... at least I got the money refunded

I'm sure there is more but I'm tired and my brain is shutting down on me.  I just want this year to be over and this shit to be behind me and you all get to hear me rant about it for 30 seconds because I just need to bitch to my internet friends about it.

/done

jkim:
Bitch away, that sounds like some really tough week.

Our family was sick for the few weeks following Thanksgiving and we're only now finally feeling better. At some point Casey went on a food strike and was only drinking milk for a week (at 18 months old). At the same time, work was crazy with multiple projects going live in the past two months while I had a brand new employee start two weeks ago. Seriously looking forward to the slowness of next week even with family events going on for Christmas.

ober:
Thanks Jen.  Sounds like you've had a rough December.  Sorry to hear that.  I hope it gets better!

KnuckleBuckett:
Give it hell folks!

Bad quarter ahoy.  We went on strike and if you haven't been through it.  There are no words.  As much as I hated it, it was a necessity.  Several awful weeks and emotional hell.  Not only mine but dealing with the many other members while, at the same time training a new financial secretary.  Coming back to work to see that engineering had made an awful mess of the systems we support.  Took us until recently to get most of the damage un damaged.

Sorry to hear your woes Jen and Ben. 

Ben.  What GPU did you get?

/done

micah:
My 2019 was weird. Some really bad shit went down but some really awesome stuff started to fill in the void.

I really like my new job.
I'm 7-months into a new relationship with a woman I absolutely love.
As much as they drive me crazy, I'm closer than ever with my kids and have spent so much more time with them this year.
I turned 40 but for the first time in my life feel self confident in myself - in my appearance (so many selfies this year), in my relationships, in my job.

I've learned so much about how love should work and how important trust is.  I've learned that I really do suffer from depression and it's impact has been greater on my past than I ever realized. I know now, though, that I can manage it as long as I work at it, continue counseling, and surround myself with people who love and support me.

2019 was the reboot my life needed. Sometimes, you have to tear down everything and start from scratch. 2020 will be the year to begin rebuilding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version