Author Topic: Triathlon  (Read 1950 times)

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Triathlon
« on: May 07, 2008, 12:29:09 AM »
So, last summer one of my friends brought up the idea of competing in a triathlon this year.  I was sort of excited about it, but the school year went by and sufficiently destroyed any sensible aerobic exercise I would have done.

Fast forward to last month when it was brought up again.  I procrastinated about 2 hours of work to find a triathlon, and suddenly, three friends and I are signed up to race in a sprint tri.  In the meantime, I continued to not do anything except continue to throw and lift for track, which is to say I was not actually in shape.

Needless to say, I was in really bad shape for this past Sunday when the race actually happened.  Swimming 400 yds wasn't bad and biking 10 miles wasn't horrible.  But man, running after those two really really sucked.  I've always had shin splints and it definitely was not just going to go away for the last 2.5 miles of the race.  But hey, I finished. :)

Now I'm motivated to keep training.  I think we're all going to try to do another one in September.  Hopefully I'll continue to work out over the summer, since it looks like it'll be pretty free in terms of my schedule.  Maybe I'll use this thread to keep updates on my workouts or something.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Triathlon
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:36:58 PM »
Somehow I missed this thread.  Congrats!  I've always wanted to do this but never had the guts