• [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Yikes.
« on: August 18, 2012, 06:53:04 AM »

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Yikes.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
I think we were tied with them! High stakes leads to shady shit I guess....

I was also being impressed with the reporting until I got to this paragraph:

Though the scandal was made public Friday, the school's alumni had not yet been informed on their e-mail mailing list by late that night. However, alumni of the school did receive an e-mail discussing fundraising and encouraging alumni to send online gifts Friday.

Though true, really? In a news piece?....eye roll...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 09:56:19 AM »
Why wouldn't it be?  Seriously, it seems deeply disrespectful to the alumni.  Am I wrong?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:31:51 AM »
Seems like a troll comment slapping at higher education in an editorial fashion.  I think something along the lines of: "The University has not yet commented to the press or to alumni" would have been more appropriate...the fundraising point was tangential at best and IMO not relevant to the story (though its a given that explaining to the alumni is partially about fund raising).
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »
Still missing your point.  I don't think that was a troll it was the press subtly asking the alumni to hold the administration accountable for their thoughtless, greedy and or lazy attitude.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
Yea - that's my point. That's not the press's job. Their job is to pass on the information. And I wouldn't call that subtle...

...heads will roll for this one I'm sure. Wish I was more shocked...

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »
Ha!  Good point.  I wonder if the "press" is an alumni?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »
Hahaha....I had the same thought.....if it was CNN (also based in Atlanta, I'd be sure of it lol)

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
I'm not sure how we're making this thread hijacking but....

ethic - I disagree with plenty of people who I work with...not my job to change their minds.  That's not what I do.  I don't work within help anyone with something if they don't want help.  It wont work if they don't. Nothing wrong with a passionate opinion.

Come at me all you want man, but don't come at me professionally - for my age and level of training - I'm damn good at what I do....good enough even to know how the fuck much more there is that I gotta learn :)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
Wait...

Kermi was that an editorial?  If so that makes it an opinion piece and ethic is right about the blatant maneuvering of the content.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »
I thought it was a report....if it was an editorial....I just thought we'd switched topics a bit...

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »
Yea, that's what I figured.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 11:35:16 PM »
" I
understand you're part of an institution that is systematically
trying to remove any diversity of personality"

oh for crying out loud
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?