Author Topic: You all must have forgotten...  (Read 7327 times)

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Re: You all must have forgotten...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »
Yeah, just tons of stress. I really seem to just suck at life lately.

Anything I can do to help?
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 12:05:58 AM »
Not really, but thanks. To make things worse, I nailed some debris on the highway tonight with the whole family in the car... ripped the oil pan open.    :suicide:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 06:23:24 AM »
What did you hit a brick?

drakkenkorin

• http://www.google.com
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 07:21:08 AM »
Not really, but thanks. To make things worse, I nailed some debris on the highway tonight with the whole family in the car... ripped the oil pan open.    :suicide:
Been there bofore!

18-wheeler had a blow out and me and another car ran right over it since we couldn't swere to any other lane.

Ruined my gas tank and messed up the gear box.

Guy behind me got his radiator ruined, hood of his car dented really well and a huge crack in his windshield (the tire went airborne after i went over it).

USAA took care of it.  I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping they would total it so I can get something new.  Instead they just got me a new gas tank and a new clutch & transmission.
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 09:29:48 AM »
What did you hit a brick?

basically. I don't know what it was I only saw it for a split second after the truck in front of me had already gone over it (and cleared it.) Some sort of solid metal hunk that cleared my front bumper but, I think when it nicked the crossbeam under the engine it flipped up and tore the giant gash in my oil pan.  Ironically, we just got an oil change on friday --- so at leasts its a clean 5-quarts of oil we drained into the Connecticut river.

Been there bofore!
18-wheeler had a blow out and me and another car ran right over it since we couldn't swere to any other lane.
Ruined my gas tank and messed up the gear box.
Guy behind me got his radiator ruined, hood of his car dented really well and a huge crack in his windshield (the tire went airborne after i went over it).
USAA took care of it.  I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping they would total it so I can get something new.  Instead they just got me a new gas tank and a new clutch & transmission.

We have USAA too, I haven't called yet because I'm waiting to hear the quote from the shop to see if its much less than my $500 deductible.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 10:00:37 AM »
We had a big rig drop a huge chunk of ice two winters ago.  I avoided the largest pieces but the one I hit removed the underbody pan, wheel well inserts, and a ton of hangars.  Fortunately, the cost to repair was in the $300 range.  Lexus parts pricing is similar to Toyota and not super pricey.  We were very lucky nothing serious was damaged and that it didn't bounce into the cockpit area.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »
haven't heard from Charlie or Rob in a while!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 01:18:55 PM »
Especially Rob.  I think charlie posted something recently.

I once was part of a community for an online MMO game.  I ended up being somewhat well known.  One day my computer broke and I was forced to stop playing for a while.  I decided to just not go back.  It was costing me too much money and time.... but I imagine it was kind of strange for all the people I played with.  Maybe I died?  Maybe this... maybe that? Fading memory.

I thought about what it would be like if I died.  At some point, you guys might be saying, "Haven't heard from that Beta guy in a while...."  The thought is kind of chilling....
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »
I think if somebody is a part of a community, especially for a significant amount of time, it isn't unreasonable that they should at least inform the community if, why, when they are leaving said community.  As a reasonable courtesy.

Simple human nature to worry about a long term member that up and disappears. 

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 02:00:25 PM »
perhaps a new web service is in order.  you register your username and forum name with said service which publishes some sort of xml/api list whenever it is securely notified by a pre-approved administrator that you've died.  Forums could subscribe (or there could be a look up feature) and the only hurdle would be listing and authenticating the person who notifies the system of your demise (like, i guess you could put it in your will "Jane, upon my death, please notify my forums and burn my harddrive")

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 03:47:56 PM »
I think if somebody is a part of a community, especially for a significant amount of time, it isn't unreasonable that they should at least inform the community if, why, when they are leaving said community.  As a reasonable courtesy.

I agree.  Post your rage quits!

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

Yeah... now you make me feel bad. 

Micah... you need to build that immediately.  Wonder if it can be patented.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »
I agree.  Post your rage quits!

Ok, fine. This will be my last post... until KnuckleBuckett goes back to having an avatar.

Funny it's been 3 weeks since I posted. Doesn't feel like it's been that long. Just been busy, that's all. There's a million and two birthdays and celebrations every May for us, and now I'm waking up at 6am (early for me) and training some people in Europe over the web. That leaves less time during work hours to do actual work, so play time gets squeezed.

Also, somebody's got some pretty rank B.O. in here. I didn't want to say anything, but a little Secret would go a long way and might make for a more pleasant atmosphere.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 12:28:45 AM »
Also, somebody's got some pretty rank B.O. in here. I didn't want to say anything, but a little Secret would go a long way and might make for a more pleasant atmosphere.
You smelt it, you dealt it, ho.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 12:51:05 AM »
There's a million and two birthdays and celebrations every May for us

yes, may starts the party season for us as well. We probably have 8 weekends already booked through August.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.