Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID-19  (Read 64908 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19
« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2021, 05:57:03 PM »
> A little signal to say stay away from me.

Hell, in that case I'd always wear it in public ;)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #421 on: August 04, 2021, 01:59:31 PM »
Because of the mask mandate we had to wear our masks at the office even while at our desks.  Yesterday we did a full day of that and man does it suck.  Gained a new appreciation for the grocery works, servers, medical staff, etc that have to wear them all day while working.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #422 on: September 11, 2021, 07:46:56 PM »
My boss recently got the delta variant after getting both vaccines quite some time ago.  He was laid out for two weeks, but he is convinced if he hadn't had the vaccines, he would be dead right now.

What a time to be alive... the stories we can tell the younger generations.  "Back in my day, all the stores sold out of toilet paper due to a virus."
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #423 on: September 13, 2021, 08:10:28 AM »
My son has been back in school for 2 weeks.  We've gotten emails TWICE just from his class with kids testing positive.  I feel like this is going to be worse than before.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #424 on: September 13, 2021, 10:36:01 AM »
What a time to be alive... the stories we can tell the younger generations.  "Back in my day, all the stores sold out of toilet paper due to a virus."

this whole thread is an epic recap of the days leading up to the craziness. I enjoyed just now reading some of my early comments...

I think it's sort of being blown out of proportion.  Based on the numbers, it's not even as deadly as the normal flu from what I heard.  Yes it spreads but so does the normal flu.  Maybe I'm missing something but I think we'd all be better off if this was just treated like another strain of what we get every year.

I agree with this, but would caveat that this hyper-awareness is a great way to also stop the spread of the flu and other, more common viruses.  Screening at airports and forced quarantine, required hand washing in certain areas, or normalizing the wearing of protective masks, could all help reduce easily transmitted pathogens. There's a balance there somewhere between an abundance-of-caution and civil/personal liberties...but this is an interesting real-world case study of how we can prepare for both pandemic and regional-viral outbreaks.

Is the toilet paper shortage in your area as well, or is this a regional problem?
Everywhere is sold out - super markets, walmart... i'm down to one roll.  This is ridiculous.

It's weird how so much of this feels like the days after 9/11, but without all the sadness, patriotism or anger.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #425 on: September 13, 2021, 12:05:16 PM »
Man, I sound like an anti-vaxxer at the start there.  LOL

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #426 on: September 13, 2021, 01:05:54 PM »
Man, I sound like an anti-vaxxer at the start there.  LOL

haha, right? and I was like "let shut it all down and mask up!"  sort of
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #427 on: September 13, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »
what do you think about the latest Biden mandate?

why is he not considering the people with natural immunity? why is he not considering people that had COVID already? Last I read about 25% of all [reported] covid cases are asymptomatic - this number could be much higher. Along with every one that has had COVID -  that is a huge number of the population. why is it so important to get ALL of these people vaccinated also? why isn't natural immunity taken into account?

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #428 on: September 13, 2021, 01:32:59 PM »
Like I've said before, the virus is real. This COVID shot is real as well, and it is a wonder of modern science. I think that politicians and other major power brokers around the world are using this man made pandemic to garner more power and eradicate more freedoms. They are testing how much will we allow to give because of the fear that the mass media bathes us in.

It is interesting, in his read aloud the other night, Biden said: "This is not about freedom or personal choice.  It’s about protecting yourself and those around you"
this is quite the juxtaposition to a quote from Ben Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #429 on: September 13, 2021, 01:44:22 PM »
also, I don't blame anyone that wants to wear a mask or get jabbed. If that makes you feel more comfortable, by all means, go for it. Just like the flu shot, there is a certain number of the population that gets it, and others that don't. But no one mandates flu shots; so let's not make this any different.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #430 on: September 13, 2021, 05:16:55 PM »
What freedom is being taken away from you?

Why do you keep comparing COVID to the flu?  It's been proven MANY times over that they are not equal.

Why do you confuse the statement from Biden with the statement from Franklin?  They are not referencing the same things.  And you know it.

Please define 'natural immunity'.  Have you done the research?  Everything I'm reading says that even if you got COVID already, those anti-bodies are not lasting as long as some people thought they would.  That's the reason everyone should get it.  And when they come out with the boosters, I'll sign up.

You act like other people are 'judging' the non-vaxxed as unintelligent or as 'sheep' but you and your crowd are doing the exact same.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #431 on: September 13, 2021, 05:23:40 PM »
Please define 'natural immunity'.  Have you done the research?  Everything I'm reading says that even if you got COVID already, those anti-bodies are not lasting as long as some people thought they would.  That's the reason everyone should get it.  And when they come out with the boosters, I'll sign up.

Personally I define natural immunity from covid as having had the virus without any symptoms. and research shows that somewhere around a third of the people are asymptomatic!

https://www.sciencealert.com/over-a-third-of-covid-infections-are-truly-asymptomatic-says-massive-new-analysis
https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about-us/news-press/news-detail?articleid=29806&publicId=395

So why would you make these people take a shot that will not protect them from anything?

micah

• Ass Wipe
    • micahj.com
« Reply #432 on: September 13, 2021, 05:28:25 PM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn2:

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #433 on: September 13, 2021, 05:42:15 PM »

Personally I define natural immunity from covid as having had the virus without any symptoms. and research shows that somewhere around a third of the people are asymptomatic!

https://www.sciencealert.com/over-a-third-of-covid-infections-are-truly-asymptomatic-says-massive-new-analysis
https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about-us/news-press/news-detail?articleid=29806&publicId=395

So why would you make these people take a shot that will not protect them from anything?

Additionally, the number could be much higher, because, naturally, many people that did not show symptoms did not know they had it. So please, explain to me why these people that are not affected by Covid19, need to take this shot? who does it benefit?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #434 on: September 13, 2021, 05:46:41 PM »
Everything I'm reading says that even if you got COVID already, those anti-bodies are not lasting as long as some people thought they would.  That's the reason everyone should get it. 

really? below is a picture from the CDC website. Read it and tell me you are convinced that that there is clear empirical evidence that people who had covid, will benefit from the shot. What a fucking joke