Author Topic: Jack Thompson: revisited  (Read 1069 times)

7smurfs

• Jackass III
Jack Thompson: revisited
« on: November 22, 2005, 04:55:25 PM »
http://games.slashdot.org/games/05/11/22/196213.shtml?tid=153&tid=123&tid=10

According to a story at IGN, Jack Thompson has been removed from the lawsuit filed by the families of two murdered police officers vs. Rockstar, Sony and game retailers. While previously he stated that he had withdrawn, details have now come out that the judge actually pulled his temporary license to practice law in Alabama. The reason for all this? Thompson's behavior." From the article: "The removal of Thompson from the case does not necessarily represent the end of the trial as his long-time associate Ray Reiser will assume the role of lead counsel for the case's plaintiffs. Not one to take such things lying down, Thompson fired back at Judge Moore by claiming the the judge has 'has violated... The Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics by his unfortunate, improper, and prejudicial acts in this case, at the expense of three bereaved Alabama families.'"

EDIT: Didn't know if this belonged in "Games" or "General", sorry.

Exluddite

• Occaisionally redundant poster
  • Jackass III
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 05:17:13 PM »
At least they're letting Ozzy off the hook this time... :rolleyes:
Leave the gun. Take the canolis.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 06:43:02 PM »
Man if I had been that Judge I would have thrown his ass in jail for contempt for speaking to me like that.  That and because I don't like the guy.