Author Topic: Damien Rice - 9 Crimes  (Read 1450 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Damien Rice - 9 Crimes
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:42 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOn5Eudj5tI

I've been working on this the last couple of days trying to figure out the right tuning to play it in and finally settled on the Orkney tuning.  CGDGCD (although the first string isn't played so it could stay E).

I love the haunting sound of the melody and vocals but I wasn't so keen on the guitar adaptations I found. So, I think I've matched the notes right and it's actually doable.

The trick was finding the right tuning to let the notes ring enough but I think it works. I'm going to work on tabbing it out now; it's pretty much the same thing over and over with the exception of the first go round, which I like to throw in every now and again later on just to change things up a bit.
This signature intentionally left blank.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Damien Rice - 9 Crimes
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »

Title: 9 Crimes
Artist: Damien Rice

Intro

D|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
C|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
G|-----------2----4----|-5-------------------|---------------------|-----------0----2----|
D|------2--------------|-----------3----5----|-----------0----2----|------0--------------|
G|-2-------------------|------5--------------|------0--------------|-0-------------------|
C|---------------------|-5-------------------|-0-------------------|---------------------|

pretty much the rest of the song

D|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
C|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
G|-----------4----5----|---------------------|---------------------|-----------0----2----|
D|------2--------------|-----------3----5----|-----------0----2----|------0--------------|
G|-2-------------------|------5--------------|------0--------------|-0-------------------|
C|---------------------|-5-------------------|-0-------------------|---------------------|
This signature intentionally left blank.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Damien Rice - 9 Crimes
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:10:17 AM »
Haha, I got so frustrated trying to make a guitar adaptation of the song, I just did it on piano.  Now that I think about it though, I have no idea what I've done with that.  Thanks for the tab.