Author Topic: Glock: The Rise of Americas Gun  (Read 2976 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Glock: The Rise of Americas Gun
« on: May 23, 2012, 08:02:06 PM »
This is an incredible book. I got it for $15 on amazon, and it comes for ipad and kindle as well. Jake and Micah, you would both love this for sure.

I grew up on Glocks, my dad was one of the lucky people to get his hands on a Glock 17 prototype in 1988, so it ended up being the first pistol I ever fired. I really thought I knew everything there is to know, but I was actually only about halfway there. This book got here today, and I'm almost halfway through already.

It's crazy what Gaston and his guys went through bringing the gun to the USA. A pentagon official falsely represented a biased airport screening test and went to the media claiming the Glock was impossible to detect in airport security because of it's polymer frame. It created a messy explosion that ultimately worked in Glocks favor big time, but it created a bunch of false misconceptions that still haunt Glock today.

A very good read. If you are at all into Glock, firearms, business, etc you will really enjoy this book.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?