Author Topic: Looking forward to reading this  (Read 4536 times)

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Looking forward to reading this
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:26:32 AM »
because I don't have too much time atm to read the summary - what is it about?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
Damn axon, you're lazy today

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:33:18 PM »
at the time of posting this I had my kid in my hands screaming for a bottle that was being warmed up....sorry!!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 02:34:41 PM »
I don't want you posting here unless you can devote the attention to the board that it deserves!

/axon stops posting

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »
:p

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 10:21:02 PM »
Basically Ax, it's about technology and its impact on culture. 

Paraphrasing the author's message, we're being led about by the nose by Web 2.0 to the point where content ceases to have any real meaning.  It's also about the power of the group destroying individual creativity and cultural diversity. 

There is so much emphasis on riding the wave of social networking services (i.e. Twitter) that I think most media organisations have completely lost their own cultural identity.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 10:55:49 PM »
seems pretty interesting...all though I don't think I agree with it (or at least what you said). I think that current technology gives power to individual creativity more than at any other time in history. Everyone that has an urge to show of there pictures/writing/music can do so with a few clicks of the mouse. Authors can set type themselves and even publish by themselves. There are a ton of other examples.

As for following waves - that's exactly it - a wave, and sooner or later it will reach land and dissipate. It is hype, or trend, whatever you want to call it. Media organizations use these services as mediums to reach audiences that otherwise they might not...the medium that is used does make it lose its cultural identity.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 12:54:50 AM »
his dreadlocks are hypnotizing.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 01:55:08 PM »
I don't want you posting here unless you can devote the attention to the board that it deserves!

/axon stops posting

Everyone remember this when the first lil govt pops out. I thinks shes got one in the oven already and he just isn't telling us
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?