Author Topic: MW3 or BF3?  (Read 41396 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Re: MW3 or BF3?
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »
Why?  Didn't like the gameplay?  Maps?  ?

Ya know I hated it at first.  But that was mainly due to the suppression effect that goes away (well most of it) once you rank up a little.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »
Why?  Didn't like the gameplay?  Maps?  ?

Ya know I hated it at first.  But that was mainly due to the suppression effect that goes away (well most of it) once you rank up a little.

I HATED the loss of Commander.  I found game play to be messy, difficult to follow visually, and much closer to the CoD feel than the BF2 I loved so very much.  I played alpha and beta a good bit.  I never played the final pay version.  I was just way to heart broken over the alpha and beta.  Not a huge fan of the interface and being 100% tied to EA either but those were not game breaking.  Disappointing game play killed it for me.

Could just be me, but I doubt it.  The members of the clan that purchased it played for a couple weeks and then dropped it.  Only Ethanous plays it these days.  Considering the cost of the game that says quite a bit. 

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2012, 08:32:44 AM »
I will say that I do miss the commander aspect, but at the same time I don't know that most of the maps really fit the same model as they did in BF2.  A lot more of the maps are closer together or even city maps.  And things like dropping supplies and vehicles would be harder to do in these maps and the kits are so different that I don't know that it is necessary.  So really it comes down to having someone tell you what to do and where to go and it was rare to find a commander that actually did that even in BF2. 

So what did they do?  They replaced it with better squad play.  As you rank up, you gain abilities that massively boost your squad members.  And the whole platoon concept and being able to directly join the game with your friends is pretty freakin cool.  I think they also realized that most people that are playing with others are doing it over Mumble or some other avenue and the additional VOIP traffic over the game itself was maybe a performance hit. 

The interface has improved with recent updates and overall I think it's better than BF2 by a long shot.  I think the gameplay is vastly different from BF2 and there are actually more game modes to choose from.  My only issue lately is that it seems like every server is stacked with almost exclusively high ranked players which means the competition is pretty fierce.  There are less noobs to fuck with so the chance of dying more often goes up considerably.  I still think it's a better game than BF2.