Author Topic: Oblivion  (Read 9472 times)

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Oblivion
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 01:35:31 AM »
So how does one create a spell to damage amgica?  Where what I need, etc?? 

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »
Man, it is so much fun to let them get in close, reel back for their melee strike, and then send them flying across the room with a fire spell :P

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 11:49:59 AM »
So how does one create a spell to damage amgica?  Where what I need, etc?? 
First, you need to either be admitted to the Arcane University or you need a mod installed that gives you access to an altar of spellmaking.  Second, you need to be able to cast a spell (not from a scroll) that damages an attribute.  It doesn't matter which one.  Then, go to the altar and it's pretty self-explanatory.  There are two at the mage's guild (one in an out-building, and one in the arch-mage's quarters).  If you have the Knights of the Nine expansion, there's also one in the wizard's tower that is up by Bruma.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 02:36:26 PM »
I did like the first half of the arena this morning.  It's funny watching them run stright at your and then fall down when you fireball them.  I think I left my gate twice so far :P

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
I will give it a shot.  Gotta find the alter thing.  Already in arcane.  Trying to finish the mission where you open the stariwell and I don't have any damage magica spells or scrolls.  Sucks!!  :)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 03:41:57 PM »
Gotta find the alter thing. 
I'm pretty sure if you're already into the Arcane U you an just go to the Archmage's quarters to fart around and no one'll say boo unless you steal something or are there for a long time.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 03:52:50 PM »
Will do!

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »
To make the spells leave the lobby area and it is the one on the far left.  There is a speaking stand and benches right outside.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
I like the sound of some of those mods - care to suggest some specifically and perhaps where to get them?
Sorry, I was out of town for a few days.  Don't have much time to write about all of my favorites, but here's a list that details some of the best out there and where to get them:

http://aelius28.googlepages.com/home

Some of my favorites:
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
Expanded Hotkeys and Spell Delete
Deadly Reflex 3
Thieves Arsenal
Tamriel NPCs Revamped
Natural Environments
Unique Landscapes
Martigen's Monster Mod
Operation Optimization (greatly improves FPS)
Bluesteel's Landscape LOD NormalMap Fix
Qarl's Textures
Illumination Within Revived

And of course <selfless plug :D>, anything with PJ in front of the name like PJ's Spell Compendium, PJ's Lightning strikes before storms, and my favorite PJ's Disco spell:
http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=5272

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »
If you are into alchamy then I suggest getting the harvesting ring mod.  Put the ring on and it toggles a flag that will automatically harvest everything near you.  Even works on horseback.

Some things I would like to see is more to do after you become head cheese of a guild.  For example as Arch-Mage I'd rebuild burma's guild hall and stuff.  Also I'd think you should be able to walk into a guild hall and boss them around if you are the leader of the guild.

I also wish enchanting items didn't suck absolute balls.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
If you are into alchamy then I suggest getting the harvesting ring mod.  Put the ring on and it toggles a flag that will automatically harvest everything near you.  Even works on horseback.

Link me please!

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 12:22:39 AM »
I couldn't find it when I went looking for mods.  However I lucked out that when I uninstalled oblivion I didn't get rid of the the extra files.

You remember where you enter the world after the intro quests?  There is a small dock there and on the dock will be a chest with the ring in side.  Putting the ring on acts as a toggle so you can put it on and then take it off.  If you want to turn off the harvesting you just put the ring back on.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 10:02:02 AM »
Ok!
Thanks!
I will try it out when I get a chance.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 10:07:21 AM »
How do you actually get good at alchemy?  I tagged that skill, but the only time I ever went up in it was when I just ate every component in my inventory

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »
You need to get at least a Mortar & Pestle.  You then click on it in your inventory.  You'll see 4 slots to put ingredients.  After you choose the first one you can only add another ingredient that has a common effect.  After you've got two ingredients you click some button to make the potion.  Rinse and repeat.  I love that they don't remove the ingredient each time so you can quickly make a bunch of potions up.

I usually wait until I have a lot of ingredients and then I go find a vendor that'll buy the potions and then make all the potions I can up and then sell them.

I think it is one of the easier skills to get up, especially with that harvesting ring.