Author Topic: Bike Shop FTW!  (Read 2301 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Bike Shop FTW!
« on: August 18, 2008, 09:06:49 PM »
So Saturday about half a mile from my turn around point the left crank shaft came loose which ended my ride since I didn't have a hex wrench big enough to tighten it down.  Fortuantly I carry my cell and wallet with me so I called a cab.

Took the bike into the shop and decided to leave it there for a free tune up (it was needing one).  Well went to go pick it up and they had tuned it up, replaced the mounting for the rack of the bike tire (which I installed not them) to make it more secure, and when I asked where I could buy a hex wrench for the shaft the guy said they had a spare they don't use anymore and just gave it to me.

When I asked when I should bring the bike in for another tune up the guy was like "if it were me I'd bring it is as soon as anything started acting even slightly funky.  You get a year of free tune ups and I don't mind working on it."

These guys know how to keep customers.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Bike Shop FTW!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:48:50 AM »
I paid for my bike and accessories so they've already milked me for quite a bit.  At this point it is primarily customer service to keep future business.  So because I like them I'll go in and buy new intertubes, gloves, or anything else that might wear down.  If I'm happy with their tune ups I'll end up taking it back to them after my year of freebies is over, etc.  I'll also recommend them to others and what not.

This type of customer service seems to be lacking from buisnesses more and more so I'm just happy to see it alive and well.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »
Is this shop in Davis?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:13:37 PM »
Nope.  It is one about a mile and a half from home.  Only bike shop I've been to in davis in the Bike Barn on campus.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »
Ahh.... I had good experiences with a couple places in Davis (but not all of them).