Author Topic: breathing and heart rate control  (Read 1925 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
breathing and heart rate control
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »
Those of you that run and bike, what do you do to help maintain a good heart rate and cobtrol your breathing? I'm finding as I run I'm breathing too hard and too often and I think that's what's increasing my heart rate (which takes a while to come down).

I don't have lung issues or anything I'm just out of shape and these are things I need to correct in the next two weeks.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: breathing and heart rate control
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 01:18:23 PM »
Breathe slowly, in through the nose and out through the mouth.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 01:47:32 PM »
Everybody works a little different. And it takes time to figure it out for yourself...once you master your breathing exercising is much easier. It was easiest for me to learn it in the water swimming. Biking was easy as well but running was always hard.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »
Take a moment and focus on your breathing and heart rate.  You'd be surprised how much control you can exert through thought.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »
I was close. I usually start breathing through my nose and out thru my mouth and I find I tend to end up using my mouth for both and I figured that was my issue. Ok so I just need more focus on it.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?