Author Topic: Being the only Clevelander...  (Read 4361 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Being the only Clevelander...
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:06:44 AM »
and seeing how no one else has posted anything.... F LBJ.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
Re: Being the only Clevelander...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:09:46 AM »
 :dunno:

Lyndon Johnson?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:09:56 AM »
and seeing how no one else has posted anything.... F LBJ.

yeah, lets burn his jersey!

why ef him? he's been there way too long - there is no future in cleveland. I was hoping to see him in Chicago - but the near future isn't that bright either. At Miami he will start winning rings - he deserves it, so why not?

When Jordan left basketball for baseball we didn't burn his jersey :p
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 09:46:21 AM »
It's totally selfish for sure... it was nice to have an exciting player/team in CLE for once.  Don't get me wrong, I want him to have his rings but it means another decade of bitching for all 3 major sports teams now. 

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 10:56:24 AM »
I seriously feel for you Obes...That really sucks...Though I kinda think the Cav's owner's letter is beyond ridiculous, but that really sucks.  Was a pretty shitty way to announce.  I understand that anything he'd done ahead would have leaked - but in the long run, who cares about a leak?  He should have at least called the Cav's first...

I can't blame LJ though, the Cavs haven't financially been able to put a team around him and Miami offered a team that's psycho good can could be for the next 5-7 years if those guys stay together. 

Do you think the community will forgive him?  From the outside, it looks like he's done a ton for the Cleveland area, and I'd hate for him to be a total outcast there now...

Sidenote though: I think you've got the beginnings of a real team in the Browns.  Mike Holgrom does not screw around....that guy can put together a football franchise.  I think you're going to be scary competitive real soon.  Plus you stole our Asian Assassin.  That man is an amazing player and a FANTASTIC person (pretty good writer too). 
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 11:05:26 AM »
The biggest thing he did wrong was do the special. That made no sense and if anything that will be why Cleveland doesn't forgive him. If he had just decided to leave and go to Miami to be happy then they'd be mad but not forever.

I probably would have stayed in Cleveland. The challenge of winning a championship for Cleveland sounds more exciting to me than winning one with two other big stars. But he obviously just wants to have fun and play with guys he likes and win some rings. He doesn't care as much about his legacy or loyalty or the challenge, he just wants to have fun and be happy. It's hard to blame him for that. But why he needed a one-hour special to say he wants to be happy I have no idea.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »
I was hoping to see him in Chicago - but the near future isn't that bright either.
They'd win a ring in two years with Rose and Noah and James and Boozer or Bosh.

When Jordan left basketball for baseball we didn't burn his jersey :p
:coughsixtitlescough:

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
He doesn't care as much about his legacy or loyalty or the challenge, he just wants to have fun and be happy. It's hard to blame him for that.

I honestly don't understand that argument.  He elected to be drafted straight out of HS.  He didn't hold out or eventually demand a trade like some other other high profile draftees have done when they got taken by sucky teams who don't have the market they want.  He stayed in Cleveland, didn't get into any huge scandals despite being a huge fish in a small pond.  What more can you ask a guy?  He didn't pull a Tom Brady and run off to Hollywood or NYC at every chance he got, and was one of the two top players in the league for years.  He led the team, almost single handedly, to the semi's twice and the finals once.  What more can you want for loyalty and legacy?  By leaving he's admitting he failed in Cleveland and can't get to the championship alone - but who can?  If I were him, I've had the "challenge" for several more years.  His long term legacy won't be much if he can't get a ring.

The special - an asshole move.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »
Huh, kermi? I said it's hard to blame him for that. You agree, right?

If you're saying that he does care more about legacy and loyalty than he does about having fun, I don't get your reasoning. Forcing a trade from the home team that drafted you would be super disloyal, but not doing so isn't really evidence that he values loyalty above happiness. Here he had choices. He could choose to enhance his global brand and go to New York or Chicago. He could try to cement his legacy by going to New York or staying in Cleveland. He could show his loyalty by staying in Cleveland. He could show his competitive spirit by staying in Cleveland or going to Chicago or New York or New Jersey. He could show his desire to win championships by going to Chicago or Miami. He could show a desire for maximum money by staying in Cleveland, going to New York or New Jersey or forcing a sign and trade. He could show his desire to be happy and enjoy his life by going to whichever place would make him happy. That place was Miami and that's why he chose to go there.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 11:25:17 AM »
Oh yea...sorry, I jumped on the attack at the first excuse I had.  I agree with you

Off topic:  I'm just in a grumpy as hell mood...I'm waiting on a parent to call me so I can have a very uncomfortable conversation with her - I expected the call 2 hours ago...not really nervous about the outcome, but I'm anxious to get it done so I can get it done and stop worrying about it...

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 12:27:34 PM »
Got trapped in a conversation about it with 2 coworkers this morning.  Honestly, everyone could have forgave him if he had handled the news properly.  But the special and the way he delivered it is like taking a giant shit on the entire town.  He burned a lot of bridges and I don't think a lot of people are going to forgive him for that.

I don't think anyone blames him for wanting to win.  I certainly don't.  But leave without slapping us in the face and making it seem like no one wants to play here and this is a shitty place to live.

That's what everyone is upset about.

edit: OH, and Kermi... I don't give a flying fuck about the Browns.  I'm a Steelers fan.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »
Haha - well then you have a good team you bastard.... :)

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »
The biggest thing he did wrong was do the special. That made no sense and if anything that will be why Cleveland doesn't forgive him. If he had just decided to leave and go to Miami to be happy then they'd be mad but not forever.
Agreein with this - he had every right to leave, but to do it the way he did, I hope he's ready for some really angry fans next time the Heat are in Cleveland

What do y'all think about Gilbert's screed?

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »
What do y'all think about Gilbert's screed?

Hilarious and just as bad as what LeBron did.

I mean, unless LeBron lied to the owner's face (like Boozer did in Cleveland) that type of venom was unwarranted.