Author Topic: Ubuntu Dependency issue  (Read 2519 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Ubuntu Dependency issue
« on: February 01, 2009, 11:15:27 AM »
I'm trying to install LVPM on ubuntu intrepid. my problem is the package manager instantly spits the error

Dependencies not satisfiable: os-prober

Well something like that. I found one thread about this, and only one, that suggested it was something with the package manager. One of the posters mentioned finding a download for it and installing it manually. I even managed to find the download page and got the file but i cannot find anywhere how to install this.

I have never needed to do this before, any ideas?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
Re: Ubuntu Dependency issue
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
> I even managed to find the download page and got the file but i cannot find anywhere how to install this.

What type of file is it? Show us the download page.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 12:45:12 PM »
sorry. i downloaded the last two on the page. Important note, the linux side of the computer has 0 internet access. I havent successfully aircracked anything yet and it doesnt see the blackberry modem so not much i can do there yet. So anything i do i have to get on the vista side and put on the flash drive and manually install.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/intrepid/debian-installer/os-prober
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
I can't believe I'm not able to find a walk through for this

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
Got it! Found the deb package for it here

http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/i386/os-prober/download

Now i have a new issue....

LVPM moved ubuntu from sda1 (primary, contains vista, ntfs) to sda2 (ext). I have sda3 setup as a swap. It installed the grub loader, and told me to boot and choose ubuntu.

When i rebooted and chose ubuntu from grub, it said "Could not mount partition" and took me back to grub. None of the options work except for vista. Ubuntu either says failed to mount or file not found.

When i choose vista the windows boot manager comes up and shows vista and ubuntu, which i assume is normal because it did that before. I just have to set that not to show up.

But how do i fix the mount issue with grub?