Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 56229 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: NFL Playoff Predictions
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2012, 12:27:36 AM »
Tebow will be great within three years, IF he can take tonight's game and get some perspective. That kid has a ton of talent, he just loves himself too damn much. If he could pull his head out of his ass, go down a few notches, and listen to the coaching staff he has potential.

He can scramble with the best of them, and he has a good arm and pretty good instincts but he needs to work on the pocket and drop back. They need to graduate from the option because it's "college like" and won't work next season like it did this year.

Take for example the one first down Denver had. They rolled Tebow out to his left and had him throw on the run down the sideline to his receiver. He put the ball perfect on target from an awkward position on the run. Then towards the end of the game he let one loose down the field into coverage and it was almost picked after bouncing off the receivers hand. That throw was PERFECT and reminded me of the wild Drew Brees throw for that touchdown where it was thrown into double contact coverage. The receiver fucked up for Tebow and it looked bad, but he threw a dangerous pass right on the money.

As a QB, he is good. As an NFL QB, he sucks because he doesn't have the experience to try and operate where he is. He needs to take some perspective. He reminds me of the Jet's QB who got cocky his rookie season and made an ass of himself.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2012, 12:42:26 AM »
Well of course, that what me and most others have been saying all this time.  He is winning due to leadership which will only last for so long, if he wants to stick around for the long run he needs to improve many aspects of being a QB and is going to need some real talent around him.

I disagree on the head up his ass part though, the media is the one going crazy over the whole story.  Every time I've heard him talk he has been nothing but modest and has given all of the credit to the rest of the team.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »
Well of course, that what me and most others have been saying all this time.  He is winning due to leadership which will only last for so long, if he wants to stick around for the long run he needs to improve many aspects of being a QB and is going to need some real talent around him.

I disagree on the head up his ass part though, the media is the one going crazy over the whole story.  Every time I've heard him talk he has been nothing but modest and has given all of the credit to the rest of the team.

Did you miss the interview before the Steelers game? He came across like a cocky ass hat.

I don't think leadership is getting him buy as much as luck and the media frenzy. I think the fans are behind the team more then they have been in a long time, and THAT drives the rest of the team and in that drive and in Tebows feet and luck (or faith, whatever) they have come out with wins.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2012, 12:48:06 AM »
BTW someone needs to do a sack mash up with that song "turn around" in the background. Seemed like every other sack he was turning to go the other way and just getting nailed head on lol. The one time his eyes went huge. Can't blame him if a NE guy is charging after me my ass is running like a little girl.

PJYelton

• Power of Voodoo
  • Jackass In Charge
    • TheRecursiveFractal
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2012, 01:12:23 AM »
Did you miss the interview before the Steelers game? He came across like a cocky ass hat.
I did miss this interview, what did he say that was so cocky?  Couldn't have been that bad, I can't find the interview anywhere and knowing the amount of Tebow haters there are you would think such a thing would be plastered all over the internet.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2012, 01:28:21 AM »
Honestly, I don't recall and don't want to miss quote him. It was something about the other QB's and being proud to be playing on their level. He really made it sound like he put himself up with some of the greats just because he was on the field with them. Even one of the announcers said something like "well that was bold".

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »
Uh... Who cares about Tebow? Did you see that 49er-Saints game?

:D

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2012, 01:46:31 AM »
Enjoy it for 7 days :p

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2012, 08:28:32 AM »
Hahaha. Congrats Charile
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2012, 09:02:26 AM »
That 49ers win was crazy.  I only saw the 4th qtr of that game but.... wow!

So how 'bout my Pats?! I know denver was playing crap b aaut it eas sure nice to see the patriot defence actually work well. The were simply shuting tebow down at every turn!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
They have a really tough game in front of them if Baltimore wins, and we know they will.

I'm going to alter a bit on previous predictions and put the Giants to win today.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
was playing crap b aaut it eas sure nice to see the patriot defence
Micah are you ok?  Are you having a stroke?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »
All I can say is wow.  That 49ers/Saints game was insane!  I don't know what it was but the Saints could not get going.  Honestly, I give a TON of credit to the 49ers Defense... they looked really strong.  But in the end I think the Saints lost the game for themselves.

I only watched maybe 10 minutes of the other game.  What a blowout.  Brady is fucking amazing. 

And I disagree with Steve on Tebow.  I don't think he's a quality QB.  I really don't think he's going to drastically improve.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2012, 09:27:10 AM »
Tebow's a good story, but he's not the long term answer and Elway knows it. He'll either make a big FA signing or get someone in the draft

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »
All I can say is wow.  That 49ers/Saints game was insane!  I don't know what it was but the Saints could not get going.  Honestly, I give a TON of credit to the 49ers Defense... they looked really strong.  But in the end I think the Saints lost the game for themselves.

I only watched maybe 10 minutes of the other game.  What a blowout.  Brady is fucking amazing. 

And I disagree with Steve on Tebow.  I don't think he's a quality QB.  I really don't think he's going to drastically improve.

I wouldn't say drastically, I just feel that he can find a sure foot in the NFL is he can reel in the ego and improve on some of his key issues. If he could find some comfort in the pocket and not be so quick to run or scramble like a blinded monkey he would have a dangerous passing game with the right WR's.

Tebow's a good story, but he's not the long term answer and Elway knows it. He'll either make a big FA signing or get someone in the draft

I agree, he is not the right long term answer or git there. Elway got him in there knowing that eventually Tebow would start and the frenzy from his college career would bring fire and fans to a team that needed some momentum, and it will generate the ability to spend money to get some good people.

Tebow will end up as the big pick for a team that needs a QB that can make things happen and needs the same fuel that Denver needed. I could see him drafted as a starter for Oakland Raiders, the Jaguars, someone like that.

After a few years of bouncing around and learning from a few different coaching staff's you are going to see him in the ranks next to Brady, Manning (Eli....Peyton is a tough one right now), Ben, Rodgers, and my other prediction Stafford.

I hate him because of ego only. I really never thought he could make it in the NFL, I'm still not confident that he will unless he can step back and take stock in where he actually is and work on it. Last night Tebow was not the problem on the Denver offense, and he did an interview before the game about how excited he is for the off season to know he is the starter and to be able to be coached as one. So maybe, just maybe, he can STFU and improve.