Author Topic: MySQL 5.0  (Read 2624 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
MySQL 5.0
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:49:23 PM »
When I was working today one of the other developers mentioned that MySQL 5 was released finally. I just downloaded it now. Anybody use it yet? I'm looking to do a project for my dad and get some hibernate experience under my belt.
So, anyone else download it yet?
This signature intentionally left blank.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
MySQL 5.0
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:09:28 AM »
I have had the release candidate for a while - havent downloaded the full blown version yet.

For some reason I had trouble administering the database from another workstation, but that's probably because I still have some tools from V4 in use.

The triggers are good to use, but you have to use the cmd prompt - no GUI tool at the last time I looked. Views work pretty well, havent really tried the stored procs much yet

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
MySQL 5.0
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 08:10:17 AM »
I think it's been out for a little while now.  I've only barely used it, but it seems pretty solid from what I've used.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
MySQL 5.0
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 10:51:23 AM »
Its pretty good, i had to run compatability patches for some of our stuff but i like it so far
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?