Author Topic: Enterprise P2P File Sharing  (Read 2570 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Enterprise P2P File Sharing
« on: August 09, 2007, 09:56:23 AM »
OK, so the company I work for uses Foldershare to sync up files between developers/sales people etc. But we're pushing it to the limit and need a similar alternative.
I've looked around the web and found some things like rsync setups etc but they don't seems as good.
Anyone come across a project similar to foldershare but with a wider ability (and cross platform)?
Anyone have a solution they use for their work/home?
This signature intentionally left blank.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Enterprise P2P File Sharing
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:17:11 AM »
I use Allway Sync.  I don't know if it's exactly what you'relooking for.  But I use it to link a flash drive, network drive, and my home PC.  Does a pretty decent job.  I've used it for a home directly to network drive sync a couple times.  Does a pretty good job.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »
If you have many clients connected for the same (large) files, then you can't really beat a bit-torrent based system. If your trackers are private and you encrypt transmission it should be decently secure too. Updates would be as easy as emailing around a new torrent file.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 05:03:41 PM »
I think I found a promising option.

PowerFolder
http://www.powerfolder.com/

I started playing around with it a bit but it wasn't quite as easy to get working as FolderShare. Since it's opensource though I have hope of tweaking it to fit our needs if I can't figure out how to get it working after a bit of playing around.
This signature intentionally left blank.