Author Topic: gmail time problem  (Read 2727 times)

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
gmail time problem
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »
I'm having issues with both of my gmail accounts. My personal one and my work "apps" one. They're both not displaying the DST correctly so I'm an hour behind. I checked with my boss and his is working, I tried it in Chrome and FF and it does the same thing. However, if I go to Calendar then it shows the correct time. I'm not sure what would be causing it. I browser history and that didn't fix it. And I'm all up to date on my Ubuntu stuff. I'm guessing it might have something to do with that but I don't know. Seem odd that two gmail accounts would have the same problem if it were a Google thing. But since Calendar seems to be showing the right time I'm confused.

I've been reading about other people having similar problems but so far nothing has worked for me. :(
This signature intentionally left blank.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: gmail time problem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
Update

I've tried changing my system time and that seems to have no difference. I can't seem to find where to tell Gmail what time zone I'm in either. I can set it in Calendar but not in either of my gmails. I don't have an option on my google accounts page or in my gmail settings. Or at least not one that I can easily see. Grrrr.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »
Tried those. I found how to set the time in my profile, although it was more involved than that. But that hasn't helped. When I found where it change it, it wasn't set.

I think something's messed up with my account because when I tried to set it, it has two Central options in the drop down menu. Strange. And it works fine from the mobile version on my iPhone, but when I switch it to full view on my iPhone it has the same problem, so I doubt it's something to do with my time settings on my laptop and my iPhone. And it seem to extend beyond a specific browser. Odd though that it would have the same behavior for both of my accounts. But it's pointing to my account(s) being the problem, not my setup.

I didn't notice it until today so maybe something is just screwy with April 1st. I imagine it will clear itself up on Sunday when the "normal" DST kicks in. We'll see.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:06 AM »
It's fixed now that it's the regular DST. Way to go Google. Apparently, even they can't get time right. We'll see if it gets fixed by next year.