Author Topic: iTunes problem  (Read 2657 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
iTunes problem
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
Every few weeks or so some of my podcasts stop updating and I go in and find a little exclamation mark saying that "I haven't listened to any of these podcasts" so it automatically assumes I don't want to update them anymore.  Well I don't listen to the podcasts through iTunes... I listen to them on my iPhone.  Does anyone know how to fix that?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: iTunes problem
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »
I regularly have issues with iTunes doing goofy shit to my podcasts.

On occasion I simply reset both from scratch.  Seems to help out quite a bit.

That we put up with this crap just goes to show how dicked up the rest of this industry is.

Can you do a reset on the iPhone without more pain than it is worth?

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 09:35:10 AM »
It's not really an issue that causes me to reset anything.  Honestly, I think it's kind of smart that it does it... I just wish it would tell me that it's going to stop updating them in a way that was more noticeable.  I mean, really all you have to do is go into the podcast, click on the exclamation mark and click a button.  It's not hard, just annoying if you don't check each podcast very often.  Normally I just have all my settings done so that it grabs the podcasts that I want in the frequency that I want so all I have to do is hit "refresh" on the main podcasts page and it does the rest.

I was just hoping there was a way to turn that off, because I haven't found one.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:37:42 AM »
Don't know of one Obes...maybe if you had it autodelete if you had a backlog smaller than 5 - but for me that's counter-productive....I just suck that one up and occassioanlly make sure I listen to those shows when I'm out to avoid it - 60 second science always gets backlogged for me...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
No no... it's not that I don't listen to the podcasts.  Hell, it does it on the NPR 7AM news one that gets updated/deleted every day!  It's just that I don't listen to them IN iTunes!  Don't they realize that people just transfer that shit to an iPod/iPhone and listen to it that way?