Author Topic: Aldi Food Stores  (Read 5724 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Aldi Food Stores
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 04:03:35 PM »
we have McCafes here in Connecticut.  most of the fast food stuff still comes wrapped in paper and put on a tray, but the "cafe" stuff (cakes, pies, pastries, etc) comes on plates.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 04:06:13 PM »
i saw one mcdonalds in nj that had an icecream/bakery inside, and their food was better then usual. Is that a mccafe?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »
There's aldis in my new area, way nicer then up north but the products are still kind of "eh" to me
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

stealth

• Jackass V
  • Now comes in 32 flavors
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 11:59:03 PM »
A few Aldi's in Brisbane, but they're a bit shit.  The one's in Ireland & UK were ok.  We found the Tesco's over there pretty decent too.  Paying for bags and trolleys will probably happen here eventually.  Some stores are already charging for plastic bags.

Do they have Woolworth's in the US?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 08:14:42 AM »
never heard of a woolworth.

In Poland, Tescos are kind of like Aldis in the States...
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 08:27:58 AM »
we had a woolworths in my hometown when I was a kid growing up in Rhode Island.  One woolworths store in the south played a key role in civil rights history.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Phil

• Best friends with Mr Donkey
  • Jackass III
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 09:01:58 AM »
Shopped in Aldi a few times when I was a student. Some of the produce was a bit crap, had to throw away a couple of spuds out of every bag bought, but generally good value for money. (Note: that means less than average quality but very cheap).

Woolworths is a great shop, very sad to see it's fcuked financially. A few weeks ago Sally needed a car charger for her new Nokia. Carphone Warehouse had a Nokia branded one for £15, Woolies had a generic one for £1.50.

We do our grocery shopping online now at Sainsburys and have it delivered. Do a big shop every 2 weeks, make it over £100 and delivery is free. Infinitely better than dragging ourselves round a supermarket in our precious little spare time.

Phil

• Best friends with Mr Donkey
  • Jackass III
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 09:05:35 AM »
Oh, and how the fcuk can anyone eat McDonalds. I reckon the stack of post-it notes on my desk would have more taste than anything they 'cook'. Burger King pisses all over Maccy D's.