Author Topic: Herman Cain  (Read 11258 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Herman Cain
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »
Desert Storm, for one.

Charlie - It's all circumstantial, no president can simply do it on his own. That doesn't change from president to president, it's all about what they do with the opportunity. I see your point about judging them post-term, but we have to look at what led up to that point.

As for the internet, it existed but Clinton brought it to our schools.

Edit 50684: stop posting you fucks
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
> Desert Storm, for one.

Wait, that was a bad thing?  Why?

> As for the internet, it existed but Clinton brought it to our schools.

Sure it existed, but it wasn't widespread at all.  Clinton was President during the tech boom.  He helped the tech boom along with business friendly policies that any president would have enacted.  Clinton had as much to do with that as he did with, say, the Yankees winning the World Series

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 02:22:07 PM »
Clinton brought me AOL, he was the worst president ever

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »
I personally enjoyed the teen pregnancy statistic.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »
Clinton brought me AOL, he was the worst president ever
Win!

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 02:25:14 PM »
I personally enjoyed the teen pregnancy statistic.
You can't get knocked up with a cigar

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 10:33:02 PM »
I've gone back and forth on Gingrich. I like that at least he has some substance (unlike Perry, Cain, Bachmann, et al). But sometimes I feel like giving him a bunny with a pancake on its head because I have no idea what he's talking about. He seems to like fancy words even if they don't actually mean anything. Plus every once in awhile he advocates something totally crazy. So, after careful consideration I'm not a fan.

I think I know what you mean now....EMP attack?! WTF newt!?
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

incognito

• In the Abis
  • Jackass IV
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »
Newt makes the most sense to me out of all of them. Unlike most of the others he's very pragmatic and a deal maker which is exactly what we need at this time.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
Id vote for newt
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:57 PM »
(Not that I was going to anyways but) Rick Perry just lost any chance of of my vote in his latest ad.  Gays in the military and religion in school.  Totally related issues.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »
I like newts opponents stand on immigration. If your here illegally screw this temp visa shit. Get the fuck out and apply the right way.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
(Not that I was going to anyways but) Rick Perry just lost any chance of of my vote in his latest ad.  Gays in the military and religion in school.  Totally related issues.
That ad was just fucking AWFUL.  BUT, there's a follow-up by the opposite side:

http://perezhilton.com/2011-12-08-the-partisans-spook-rick-perry-campaign-video#.TuFsePI8VnA

(excuse the site, someone sent it to me)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
"special a-hole privileged" hahaha
"Rick Perry might believe in God .... but God doesn't believe in Rick Perry" awesome.

Religion should never be a part of governing.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »
Agreed, religion has no part in government. I got into a debate with someone today about abortion. They said they see the need for it (this is a christian) but that the government should regulate it. I said would you want the laws that govern your life wrote by the Amish or by Muslims? No. Would you want the government to regulate specifics about your religion? No.

So then how can you expect others to be governed by the rules of your religion, and how can you expect that involving government in religion will not lead to the government regulation of religion?

First time I ever saw a christian speechless.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »
Agreed, religion has no part in government. I got into a debate with someone today about abortion. They said they see the need for it (this is a christian) but that the government should regulate it. I said would you want the laws that govern your life wrote by the Amish or by Muslims? No. Would you want the government to regulate specifics about your religion? No.

So then how can you expect others to be governed by the rules of your religion, and how can you expect that involving government in religion will not lead to the government regulation of religion?

First time I ever saw a christian speechless.

I want to argue against your logic so badly, but I need to write 20 more pages of my paper first.