Author Topic: Browns/Steelers game  (Read 4162 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Browns/Steelers game
« on: November 15, 2019, 08:41:35 AM »
Holy shit... anyone else see what happened?  I can't believe it and I can't wait to see what happens to Garrett!  What an idiot! 

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Browns/Steelers game
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn2: :popcorn: :popcorn2:

I woke up, checked up on Jarvis Landry, and then saw the news and went a little giddy with how stupid that was when they were up by 2.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 09:47:48 AM »
Yeah, there was no reason for him to be even remotely upset at that point.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 11:42:31 AM »
holy shit, the browns uniforms are fucking ugly.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 12:55:14 PM »
WOWWW he's been suspended indefinitely, at a minimum for the remainder of the season and post-season. https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/status/1195383502113509378

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 02:18:56 PM »
Meh.

Probably because I was reading a lot of "he should be banned from the league and arrested" tweets when I saw this last night, I'm fairly meh on the whole thing. I mean, yeah you should not hit someone in the head with their helmet and he should be suspended for it. But otherwise... :dunno: The helmet to helmet hits against defenseless players bother me more.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 02:46:36 PM »
holy shit, the browns uniforms are fucking ugly.
Interesting take on the topic....

WOWWW he's been suspended indefinitely, at a minimum for the remainder of the season and post-season. https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/status/1195383502113509378
Burfict was 'suspended indefinitely' but he's now a Captain on the Raiders so.... I'm not holding my breath.  I do assume he's out for the season but I bet he is reinstated next year.

Meh.

Probably because I was reading a lot of "he should be banned from the league and arrested" tweets when I saw this last night, I'm fairly meh on the whole thing. I mean, yeah you should not hit someone in the head with their helmet and he should be suspended for it. But otherwise... :dunno: The helmet to helmet hits against defenseless players bother me more.
The dude picked Rudolph up BY THE FACE MASK LIKE A RAGDOLL, ripped his helmet off and then hit him over the head WITH HIS OWN HELMET.  That is a far cry from the defenseless player situation.  Neither is good but this is 100x worse IMO.  I get how the defenseless hits happen - you could easily assume that the player is more aware of his surroundings than he is.  This situation is a pure rage moment.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 02:58:35 PM »
Meh.

The dude picked Rudolph up BY THE FACE MASK LIKE A RAGDOLL, ripped his helmet off and then hit him over the head WITH HIS OWN HELMET.  That is a far cry from the defenseless player situation.  Neither is good but this is 100x worse IMO.  I get how the defenseless hits happen - you could easily assume that the player is more aware of his surroundings than he is.  This situation is a pure rage moment.

Your description is a bit one-sided.

This was a fight. Garrett tackled Rudolph aggressively after the ball was long gone. Rudolph didn't like it and tussled with him, grabbing Garrett's helmet and trying to rip it off. Garrett retaliated by pulling off Rudolph's helmet. Rudolph tried to get Garrett off him by kicking/pushing him in the nuts. Garrett backed away while being pushed by the offensive lineman. Rudolph came after him yelling and continuing the fight. Garrett swung at him with the helmet around the guys holding him back.

The fact that this was a "pure rage moment" is why I'm not as annoyed by it. That's what happens in fights. People get enraged. Rudolph was also clearly enraged. The problem here is that Garrett didn't have the presence of mind in that moment of rage to not hit the dude over the head with the helmet. Clearly bad and deserving of punishment. But, like, I think Burfict's behavior over the years was way worse.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 10:24:20 PM »
I've actually seen some pictures since posting that that show more of what Rudolph did which has changed my perspective.  I think Rudolph should get suspended multiple games as well. And don't get me wrong, I actually do root for the Browns and I really liked Garrett.  A lot of people do around here.  That makes it even worse.