Author Topic: Gravity  (Read 2065 times)

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
Gravity
« on: October 14, 2013, 09:24:25 PM »
Good movie. I didn't really get the "great movie" vibe but that may have been because my wife wasn't feeling well and I forced her to see Gravity (which also made her nauseous due to the spinning). Solid 7/10 for me.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
Re: Gravity
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 12:23:12 AM »
I saw it in IMAX 3D.  I walked away with a 9/10... mostly because I didn't agree with one part of the movie dealing with the motion of interacting bodies in space. To keep this from being a spoiler, search for " continuing motive force " at this cool Astronaut Fact Check Interview(big spoilers on this page).  I would have seriously given the movie a 10/10 if they would have handled that event *any* differently.  The same result could have happened... just not in the way they did it.

After several days, it has fallen to a solid 7/10 for me as well.  It was spectacularly riveting, beautifully done, well acted... and left me thinking about life and what I value most.  But all that was as fleeting as the movie was short.

I went to see it by myself.  I think I might go back with the wife.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 01:16:56 AM »
I've read every spoiler from the movie now, so I doubt I'll see it. Don't think I could enjoy it anyways

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »
It IS a beautiful movie.  You should at least watch it when it comes out on rental, imho.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
I don't know about that one. I think if anything, people should watch it on a very very large screen.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 10:27:13 PM »
I wasn't paying attention and watched it in 2D. Not that my wife would have enjoyed in better in 3D, but if we were going to do it we should have probably gone at least to the 3D showing.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »
saw it yesterday in 3D - definitely worth the extra $$$. Well acted, beautiful film. 9/10
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 07:48:21 PM »
I need to go - our HS is bringing all freshmen physics students (most of them) to see it next week - really screws up my schedule actually, but I guess it's a cool chance for them...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own