Author Topic: Saw  (Read 3688 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Saw
« on: August 06, 2005, 11:17:02 AM »
wow. Awesome movie with a very simple premise: two guys, wake up in a bathroom chained up to the walls on opposite sides with a dead body laying in the middle trapped in a puzzle fighting for their lives! Simple as far as movie making goes, but intensly interesting.

Saw keeps in suspense throughout the whole run time, and has a huge fucking twisted ending...I'd call myself somewhat of a movie [sp?]buff[/sp?] but I sure as hell was not expecting what actually hapened at the end. The only thing I have against the movie is the cast; because it was so low budget the actors are third ( or lower) grade...whoever played the doctor sucked, and Danny Glover should just switch to full time fishing or something.

8.5/10
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Saw
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 11:38:16 AM »
I just noticed that "saw 2" is in post production...too bad that the actors will still suck :( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432348/
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

salvelinus

• Founders
Saw
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 12:19:02 PM »
Maybe it's ok, not what I think, but it looks like some kind of psycho bloodfest, plenty of those bad movies around. If it's not, let me know.
For psycho bloodfest, nothing beats Evil Dead, filmed in (I think) Tennessee by MSU classmates of mine.
Go with the bad joke theory - RoD

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Saw
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 12:32:01 PM »
Actually it is not a bloodfest. A serial "killer" places people into "games" - he tests them on how far they will go to stay alive. So in fact, he is not the one who kills them, they kill them selves. Behind every "game" there is some sort of point, but mainly he wants to show people that their life is worth living. One of the episodes is with a drug addict who survives (by killing another person) and even though she will be fucked in the head for the rest of her life by the traumatizing experiance of almost dying, she got off the drugs! ya, ya, I know...but you should still see it...it is deffinately not a bloodbath type of movie you're thinking of.

salvelinus

• Founders
Saw
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 01:38:52 PM »
hmmm...
Okay, not a bloodfest, but still a psycho maniac.Whenever I see these types of movies I leave the theater (or go back to the video store) and think "What a waste of my life" (same thing I feel after McDonalds).
But, maybe this one is better, a'la Silence of The Lambs.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Saw
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 02:25:38 PM »
It's been a long time since I've seen a good movie - I think Saw takes 1st place for me this year  :D.

It's so well done, and the massive twists... damn it's good. I think I'll watch it again tonight.

*edit*

Aye, the cast was pretty messed up. The overall acting was fair though I thought.
That weird metal head / jaw timed jaw-snapping-fucking-ouch thing was freaky. Didn't give me nightmares but made me cringe - the sort of feeling you get when someone runs nails down a blackboard... that spine feeling.

*shudders*

salvelinus

• Founders
Saw
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 02:29:43 PM »
What creeps me out more... you guys liking it or that now I want to see it....

-KEN-

• Some Other Mofo
  • Jackass In Charge
Saw
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 05:29:53 PM »
The doctor's acting (O how the might have fallen since Princess Bride) was horrific. Especially at the end where he's yelling out.

But beyond that, it was a pretty decent movie. Not what I was expecting when I walked in there, but I was pleasantly surprised. Come to think of it, it was one of the first movies in a long while that had my friends and I discussing it while we were leaving.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Saw
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
I've heard really good things about this movie as well.  I too thought it was going to be a blood-bath movie from the previews (maybe they should have done them differently?).  This is definately on my must-see list.

ygfperson

• Founders
    • Last.fm
Saw
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 11:33:54 PM »
is it on dvd yet?

ILoveVectors

• Jackass II
Saw
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 06:44:10 PM »
i thought saw was pretty decent, even though i dont
typically watch those type of movies, the end
was awsome, however i knew who the real
bad guy was by the first 30 minute, but i still
didnt expect the end.

btw the comment on danny glover, you partly right
he was very bad for that part.  however as an actor
i think he is good and shouldnt be held against this
one role.  who knows prolly desperate for any role he is
getting older.
[color=FF00FF]I love big strong men[/color]

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
Saw
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 09:17:19 PM »
My brother really liked the movie (he found a rather profound meaning in it). I found it not so entertaining. Maybe a 5/10. I'll probably end up watching the second one when it comes out on DVD just to see where they go with it but I don't think I'd go see it in the theatres.
Now, Transporter2 on the other hand, that I may go see in the theaters. I'm just not really a big horror flick kind of person, they really creep me out. I'm more of a happy ending sort of person.
This signature intentionally left blank.