Author Topic: The Chrome Extension Thread  (Read 2913 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
The Chrome Extension Thread
« on: June 26, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
We have one for FF and with most of us seemingly using Chrome these days, it seemed appropriate.

My favorite right now is Download Master. You click the icon on any given page (it sits by the wrench) and it will show a lost of all files on the page and check box options. For example i go to my favorite podcast website on Sunday, and it has a list of shows from that week. I click the icon, choose "MP#" as my only option and then hit GO and it downloads them all. If i only need a few i can select just the ones i want after clicking mp3.

It is also great for pages full of pictures. Hell i can use it on the post form if i want to get all of the smileys.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: The Chrome Extension Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »
I liked the "Chrome to Phone" extension that pushes any website you're currently viewing out in your browser to your Android device.  Great when you need to test something on your phone or when you want to send yourself driving directions.

Also "Personal Block List" that keeps certain crapy websites from always showing up in my google search results.  I HATE spammy sites that are just aggregate info scrapped from actual message boards.  They always show up when searching for a solution to a technical problem.  Once you add a site to your block list, like bigresource.com or devcomments.com, they never show up in my search results again!

I use "Auto Refresh Plus" every day because my the Plesk interface for our main server auto logs you out after 30 minutes and you can't update the setting.  Auto Refresh lets me set my browser tab to refresh every 15 minutes to keep me logged in :)

I also have Ad Block Plus.

Oh, and pixlr.com has an extension called grabber which is great for taking screenshots/crops.  You can select an area of the screen to copy and either save it to your computer, clipboard, or open up in the pixlr.com editor to mark up.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »
>>Personal Block List

I'm getting this right now. I HATE ehow.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »
My Chrome Theme - rocks. made my own theme in about a minute.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
I can't find a mod to do this, and I think Chrome should have it built in. Would be nice to have a small check box on the left of each tab so that you can split them off to a new window (or other things) easier. I needed to open a new window and move 6 tabs and it's a pain.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Seriously?  It is "a pain" to move 6 tabs?  But luckily there is an easy way.  Click tab 1, hold shift, click tab 6.  and BAM!  Magic!

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
OHHH. Yea it was a pain because I had to resize windows to make it work. It was being buggy.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 07:04:56 PM »
Using Ubuntu?  If so that is a problem with the OS not Chrome.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »
Windows 8, first time it has happened.