Author Topic: Kindle Users  (Read 8349 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Kindle Users
« on: September 26, 2012, 10:09:09 AM »
Is there a way to use Whispernet on your computer? I found a free ebook on Amazon I want but it says it needs to be downloaded with Whispernet and I do not have a kindle.

If not can someone grab it for me if I send the link and then email it over?
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Kindle Users
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
I love posting here, it always causes me to stumble on the answer. I found another button that allows me to read it on the cloud or deliver it to my Android.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »
In other news, you can totally sync to your own computer.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »
I had no idea there was even a Kindle Reader app for the desktop or that you could read kindle books through the website. I don't own a Kindle and traditionally I would rather purchase a physical book so this is all new to me.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 01:25:33 PM »
Long done with physical books.  Don't miss them really.  Thought I would never take to a Kindle or the various multi-platform Kindle apps.  I do and am glad it is so.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »
I'm slowly adapting to the digital age. I still prefer to walk over to my bookcase and touch the book, pick one out, flip the pages. But digital is peaking my curiosity because I hate ordering a book and then waiting for it.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »
No matter what book(s) I am reading they are available to me in synched fashion anywhere I read.  No muss no fuss.  No hairy big feet.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »
I'm hooked, and i totally want a kindle now. I got really into a book i was reading on my laptop in the kindle reader and went to soak in the tub. really wanted my book in there but no way i was taking the laptop near the tub.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »
this is going to be the greatest thing that ever happened to me. So many free books, so many great priced books....just one click. I don't think the anticipation of any devices arrival at my door has ever been so painful.

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »
Check out http://www.gutenberg.org/  Many classics, I recommend the Sherlock Holmes series.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »
I will say it is awesome when you pre-order a book, forget you did it, and then get the email saying it has been delivered to your kindle :D

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »
Check out http://www.gutenberg.org/  Many classics, I recommend the Sherlock Holmes series.

Thanks for that. I bought all three hungr games last night

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »
gonna be here Tuesday :D

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
Can anyone recommend a screen protector? Not really interested in a case I just want something to keep the screen from getting scratched