Technical & Scientific > Hardware

a sad, sad day

(1/8) > >>

Jake:
After many years of owning motorola phones, I finally switched. I dropped my Z2 Force the other day and the camera lens broke :/ Before the Z2 I owned probably 8-10 other motorola models - essentially after the blackberry pearl all i've had was motorola and I would get the latest model every year to 18 months. After this one broke, I was ready to get the new Z3 - but reviews were pretty horrible so I started looking into it. The main reason that I picked motorola over anything else was the battery life - the Z2 was outfitted with a smaller battery than before, but I still got 24-30 hours of use time. The Z3 battery got even smaller! on top of it, no more shatter proof glass - WTF?

I started looking at other phones. I even considered the new iPhone - but the battery life doesn't even come close. How do you iPhone people do it? the XS has only 12 hours of usage time!! I could not do it.

My wife had a samsung before, and I hated it.

So I really didn't know what to do. A friend sudgested LG - I did some research and both V30 and G7 had some wonderful reviews. So I took the plunge and got the G7 ThinQ. Setup was pretty painless. I hope I will like it as much as I did motorola - I like to stay loyal to brands that serve me well. the G7 is said to have up to 37 hours of usage time!

If anyone will be interested, I will update this review in a few weeks.

Perspective:
I have an LG G6 and i love it. The wide angle lens makes for some really great cell phone photography.

I installed the google now launcher to replace the LG one, the LG one is too iPhone IMHO. There's many options on the play store worth checking out.

Also, battery life was easily two days of normal use when the phone was new. Now I get to the end of one day with around 15 - 20% which is ok (not quite two years old). My wife has an iPhone 7 and hates it, battery never lasts a full day of use.

micah:
I have the LG-V30 that I got last fall (I had had G4 and was going to get the G6 when it came out but then held out and went with the v-30)

I really like it... except the camera lens broke. I bought a repair kit on amazon and fixed it and it was fine and then cracked again.  So I'm pretty frustrated with it right now since all my pictures are blurry; but other than that its a spiffy phone, great battery and snappy performance.

Looking forward to your review on the G7

ober:
I have the iPhoneX and my battery typically lasts all day and that's with GPS usage, some gaming and reasonable usage otherwise.  I normally only charge at night.  And my wife has an iPhone 8S and the battery life is even better on it. 

I suppose it comes down to how you use it and what your goals are. 

micah:
thinking more about battery life, I *say* my V30 is great, but honestly, I plug it in when I'm in my car to and from work and everynight when I go to bed so - even with heavy use - it rarely gets low.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version