Author Topic: True Story  (Read 4371 times)

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
True Story
« on: August 02, 2007, 01:01:53 AM »
My companion and I arrive on a small, jungle island. There are birds flying around. Many of them are bald eagles.
They’re trying to eat the numerous bats that fly from each tree we pass.

Now I’m an eagle, attacking the bats. I can’t seem to catch any, though.

We walk past more trees, scaring more bats. I stop at one, watching some bats flutter out of the leaves, but these
ones don’t fly; they fall lifeless to the ground.

“Makes it easy for the birds to get them,” my companion remarks.

I nod silently. The subject abruptly changes; I ask about tagging the eagles.

“Oh no, you can’t do that,” he says.

“Well, I’m sure you can,” I respond. He starts telling me all about how difficult it is to tag them.
I take it to mean you have to file a lot of paperwork with the government before they allow it.

Meanwhile, we’ve descended an embankment and walk along the shore, but decide it’s time to climb back up.
I don’t remember how we got down.

He goes first, scaling the 30 foot ledge quickly. I follow, but realize there aren’t any handholds past the first few feet.
I look up as he climbs easily over the last section, which I realize slants just past vertical. I can’t tell how he’s hanging on,
but before I think long on it, he clambers over the rock, out of sight.

Trying to climb up a few more times, I give up as I hear my companion fall into a hole. He excitedly exclaims, “I’m in a cave!”

I look around, and there’s an opening in front of me, just large enough to crawl through. The passage is wet;
water drips from the ceiling and I know the floor is covered in bat guano, but I can’t feel it. The tunnel opens up into a large cavern.

A beam of light filters through the mist, shining through the hole my companion fell through. I call out to him, but he doesn’t respond.

Exploring further, I enter another cavern, where I find my companion. He glances at me as he tries to hoist himself
onto an unusual, flat platform. He’s nearly up, but now a woman appears. She stabs him in the chest with a syringe.

Pausing for a moment, I consider a strange sense of déjà vu. I feel as if I’ve seen him stabbed this way
two or three times before. But it doesn’t matter. I need to dive under the water that now covers the floor.

I’m looking for my knife, searching through the backpack I’m wearing now, but I can’t find it.
I surface for air, hold my breath, and try again. It isn’t there.

Now I’m standing next to the platform. The woman is next to me, holding a knife instead of a syringe,
and it doesn’t surprise me. A man materializes from another passageway, closer to me. He’s holding a knife too.
I tell him to attack the woman, which he does without a word.

After watching for a moment, I decide to help him, deflecting a thrust of the woman’s knife.
The knife cuts through my arm, but it doesn’t hurt. She stabs my leg, and….

My alarm went off. I guess we’ll never know how that story ends.

Anyone else have any weird dreams lately?