Author Topic: Article on browser CPU resources...  (Read 24931 times)

Dumah

• Jackass IV
Re: Article on browser CPU resources...
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2008, 02:31:33 AM »
>>And i absolutely hate mac.

It's not Mac - it's sweet looking linux

>>what are you guys using for PHP?

There are millions of editors, try a few. At least that app should work fine in wine - http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10504

>>also is there a way to make it so im windows in pigeon flash down on the "taskbar" like aim does in windows?

Dont know...try the preferences

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2008, 04:52:05 AM »
yea i dont see it in the pref's. thnx for the link :)
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2008, 06:11:50 AM »
Not sure then, but of you dont like pidgin download another one - they are all free

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2008, 06:16:06 AM »
yea im working on getting kopete working now. following a tutuorial to get it 100% functional in gnome.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2008, 07:02:34 AM »
ugh i dislike kopete way more then pigeon.....i miss my trillian i cant believe theres no linux version lol

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2008, 07:33:12 AM »

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2008, 11:31:14 AM »
I use "gaim" and it flashes in the task bar when I have a new message (using gnome).

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2008, 02:50:31 PM »
I use "gaim" and it flashes in the task bar when I have a new message (using gnome).

I looked into gaim and was told it was renamed to pigeon, which is the one i have that doesnt flash.

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2008, 05:09:02 PM »
Just remembered the program I used to boot from my flash drive: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »

im an idiot. i right clicked the icon to set it to away 20-30 times and never once till today did i notice the "flash window" option at the bottom of the menu :lol:

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »
turns out that only works when someone sends u a new message for the first time (start of conversation).....lame.

Anyway here's one for ya. I have the power management settings set to never put the laptop to sleep on a/c or power, and when i close the lid to go to a blank screen. All day im long im 100% fine, but at night i shut the lid and pass out. Wake up and its always stuck on the black screen and i have to hold the power button down to shut it off. Any ideas?

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2008, 10:28:53 AM »
Power management is a pain. It works on my laptop fine but screws up on my desktop.

Is it really crashed or is it just the display manager - does it come back after a minute if you press Ctr-Alt-Backspace?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2008, 10:46:05 AM »
it wont come back no matter what i hit. Last night when i went to bed i only left the power and network plugged in to it and still did it. And i can tell its the "blank screen" because its not totally black its the grey like when it does it during the day, and i never have a problem.

Dumah

• Jackass IV
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »
What graphics card do you have?

If you set the power management option to "Do nothing" instead of "Blank screen" does it do anything?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
Nvidia 8600 mobile, 256mb

i can try that tonight. on do nothing it still shuts the screen off right? or does it override the hardware?