Author Topic: So, this weekend I jumped out of a plane at 13,000 feet...  (Read 5286 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: So, this weekend I jumped out of a plane at 13,000 feet...
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 09:26:46 AM »
awesome.  My current weight is around your original, maybe if I ever drop 40 lbs my reward will be jumping out of a plane.  Seems like a reasonable long-term goal.

anyway, glad you enjoyed it!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Rob

• New improved. Now with added something...
  • Jackass In Charge
  • Approaching 60 from the wrong damn direction...
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 09:48:22 AM »
It was certainly a good incentive, and I definitely feel better for it.

ahluka

• Jackass IV
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 09:18:49 AM »
It's all on the instructor until the landing. It definitely takes it out on shoulders and legs when the chute opens. I have bruises on my shoulders. When the landing happens you have a choice. Lift your legs or have them broken. In the UK at least there are weight limits. I was 243 pounds (:eek:) and had to drop below 210 to be allowed to do it.

"Will I die?" Well, I didn't, and it's pretty safe, but of course there is a risk - you're falling 2 1/2 miles after all. It's a rush, that's for sure. My first reaction when e hit the ground was when can I do it again.

As for selfies, I wasn't allowed a GP, but I suspect that's more to do with them wanting to sell a video package.

The weight limit is what I came here to ask; this has been on my bucket list for years but I've always figured I'm too much of a fat mess to be able to tick it off. Apparently I was correct.

Good on you anyway, looks like you had a great day!