Author Topic: need some macbook help  (Read 2493 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
need some macbook help
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:00:37 AM »
Got a powerbook here and I think I know what's wrong but I want to ask before I quote the parts. Its a powerbook if that matters.

Powers on, screen is all white. Shows some artifacting like it wants to display but nothing but artifacting. Since the screen is white and not off I'm thinking its the inverter (whatever its called) and not the lcd screen itsself.

Thoughts? Customer said its a year old, worth the cost? I haven't checked the price/avail yet
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

drakkenkorin

• Jackass VI
    • http://www.google.com
Re: need some macbook help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:02:52 AM »
you could take it to the genius bar at a local apple store and they'll tell you what to do without doing themselves - and they wont charge you since they really didn't do anything to it.

well that's what they've done for me a couple of times.

or it could have something to with the handy i gave'em :p

(that last part was a joke!)
"I know that when I get home from work, I like to read the paper, sip a nice glass of Cabernet, and call people faggots on the internet.  Because I'm an adult." - Govtcheez

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:12:38 AM »
Sure it was :p

My CM shirts all say "PC + Mac Service" on them and the nearest apple store is an hour each way so I would rather not :p
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »
That's what, like 10 miles away?

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »
ASS

:rofl2:

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:43:55 AM »
You may have a hard time finding power book parts, they've been discontinued for almost 3 years now.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »
Well that kinda sucks for the customer. Don't matter much to me I still get paid :lol:

Man its a sweet thing I got going :rofl: