Author Topic: Staind != Country  (Read 3721 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Staind != Country
« on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »
So Staind announced that after the Rockstar Tour they are "taking a break" so that the lead singer can persue his country music career. Are you kidding me? The dude couldn't be less country lol. It has become such a trend for country labels to put out shit. These days if you can't make it in the top 40 or you get old you can just call yourself country and labels will sell you.

Oh and Kelly Clarkson is another one. She wrote a typical pop song and added the word "ya'll" and country music idiots eat it up.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
Re: Staind != Country
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:28:46 PM »
Their biggest hits have been acoustic stuff about life being shitty.  That's pretty country.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »
Obvious followup post: who gives a shit what Staind does

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »
see also kid rock
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 02:43:44 PM »
Kid Rock is a national treasure you monster

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »

LOL, fair enough.... Uncle Kracker then.

country isn't country.
Gillian Welch is country. Taylor Swift isn't.

I think the issue is that "Country" is a fragmented term.  There's the traditional Country Western (what most people think of when they hear the term Country) and then there's "Modern Country" which is what most "Country" stations play nowadays.  I don't actually mind listening to the latter every once in a while.  One is classic twang with songs about being a red-neck and the other is pop music with songs about how people in the South perceive themselves in relation to the rest of the civilized world.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »
country isn't country.

Agreed, I hate her music it's just whiny pop crap.

LOL, fair enough.... Uncle Kracker then.

country isn't country.

I think the issue is that "Country" is a fragmented term.  There's the traditional Country Western (what most people think of when they hear the term Country) and then there's "Modern Country" which is what most "Country" stations play nowadays.  I don't actually mind listening to the latter every once in a while.  One is classic twang with songs about being a red-neck and the other is pop music with songs about how people in the South perceive themselves in relation to the rest of the civilized world.

I don't know how uncle kracker ended up labeled country either, he isn't. Though I do like his music.

No, no he isn't lol.

Their biggest hits have been acoustic stuff about life being shitty.  That's pretty country.

Their stuff is never acoustic by design, they just do acoustic versions of the songs. And none of that makes them country.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?