Author Topic: New book idea  (Read 9051 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
New book idea
« on: November 07, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »
I have been quietly working on my book ever since i started on it, only taking about two months off when i moved here to get settled in. I have decided that i am not happy with the direction i was taking it and after much internal debate i have decided to shelf that project for a while and return to it later.

In the meantime i have settled on what i think would be a very good idea for a fictional book. I have (or so i have been told) always been good with writing fiction, and in many ways this is expressive for me. The premise is built on a foundation of my own personal fears, things that have almost happened, have happened, and/or haunt my dreams more frequently then i like to admit. So i am putting up a basic summary for you guys to give me feedback on before i dive in.....

The story line is about a bounty hunter who always plays it by the book, and keeps his team in the same mindset. One of the difficult members of the team causes some problems, and despite the main characters best efforts things get blown out of control. The events following cause the death of several team members, and there is some kidnapping by the enemy involved. The lead must escape and save the life of another, with complete disregard for all law and morality.

Thats basically it in a nutshell
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

JaWiB

• definitelys definately no MacGyver
  • Jackass V
Re: New book idea
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 08:11:33 PM »
sounds lame

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 02:17:34 AM »
sounds lame

and after much internal debate i have decided to shelf that project for a while and return to it later.

this made me :lol:
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 02:25:02 AM »
Throw in a nice hot chick and you'll do fine.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 02:25:10 AM »
btw, what will be the name of the main character? still Jason Westin?

maybe you should write about a boy with a huge imagination that lived in a trailer park, somewhere in central Florida, who ran an IT company that secretly stole other people's property. Finally the boy, burning all his possessions in his girlfriend's that wasn't really a girlfriend uncle's bathtub so that the FBI wont get him. now the boy with the huge imagination, after changing his name - twice - lives a vigilante life, somewhere in Michigan, and is haunted by nightmares and ghost turkeys that want to take his life! but his ATV is still in florida, so he cries everyday as he wakes up.

NOW that's a story I would read!!! btw, DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE THE TIME THE BOY WAS SUPPOSED TO STAR IN HIS VERY OWN REALITY TV SHOW.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 03:14:42 AM »
Woooow.

I hope your kid gets swine flu.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
Woooow.

I hope your kid gets swine flu.

you meanie!!1!

but RoD, I mean Steve, I mean Jason - make sure you have a chapter about the time the thief vigilante boy almost went to the army :D

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 11:24:45 AM »
There was never a time that i almost went into the army.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
er, navy.

Steve

• Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 11:56:21 AM »
er, navy.

There ya go. And there was no almost, get your facts right.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »
btw, what will be the name of the main character? still Jason Westin?

maybe you should write about a boy with a huge imagination that lived in a trailer park, somewhere in central Florida, who ran an IT company that secretly stole other people's property. Finally the boy, burning all his possessions in his girlfriend's that wasn't really a girlfriend uncle's bathtub so that the FBI wont get him. now the boy with the huge imagination, after changing his name - twice - lives a vigilante life, somewhere in Michigan, and is haunted by nightmares and ghost turkeys that want to take his life! but his ATV is still in florida, so he cries everyday as he wakes up.

NOW that's a story I would read!!! btw, DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE THE TIME THE BOY WAS SUPPOSED TO STAR IN HIS VERY OWN REALITY TV SHOW.
I'm all for giving RoD a hard time... but you're bordering on being a bit of an asshole now.  Let it go, dude.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
oh wow - I see that there is no problem with you guys dishing it out to him, and now, all of a sudden, you feel bad for the guy? Yah...give it a few weeks and I guarantee I'll bring both of your posts back up towards your own reactions...

Give me a fucking break.

Govtcheez

• Town Idiot
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:31 PM »
I cannot meet and research every african american male the potential girl may have slept with. Since this is the case the disguisting nature of the majority of said race excludes them all. If a girl has messed with a black dude i am going to assume hes a crack dealer scumbag and scratch her off the list.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 12:26:47 AM »
I cannot meet and research every african american male the potential girl may have slept with. Since this is the case the disguisting nature of the majority of said race excludes them all. If a girl has messed with a black dude i am going to assume hes a crack dealer scumbag and scratch her off the list.

thank you.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 01:12:36 AM »
You being an asshole and RoD deserving it are two different things, though. Perhaps some folks apparently don't want to read the crap.

And without musing on which is worse, crapping on another member and being an idiot on the board are two different things as well.