Entertainment & Artistry > Photography/Video/Movies & TV

Interesting/favorite streaming shows right now

(1/7) > >>

charlie:
I don't want to create a new thread for each one but here are some of our favorite short run shows on random streaming services..

Fleabag - Amazon Prime
Only 6 episodes (about 25 minutes each) per season for 2 seasons, so like barely more than Endgame. We just finished it. My wife loved it. I thought it was really good, too. Written by and starring the maker of Killing Eve. Funny/quirky but also some darker/more emotional topics.

Catastrophe - Amazon Prime
I've seen 1.5 seasons, again 6 episodes per season. I think there's 4 seasons so far. The wife has't started it, not sure if she will. I'm not sure I love the characters or enjoying watching them deal with shit, but I do enjoy the honesty quite a bit and I guess it's funny. It's kind of a harsh comedy.

Please Like Me - Hulu
Through 1.5 seasons of this too (my wife will watch if I have it on but doesn't seek it out), although there are 10 episodes per season and 4 seasons so far so it's not something you could really binge in a weekend. This one is a pretty chill show. The main character is quirky and the rhythm of the show is kinda goofy/fun.

Dead to Me - Netflix
My wife started watching this and really liked it and finished the whole 10-episode season really quickly. I have seen a few of the episodes with her. Unlike the first three, this isn't a weird foreign show, it definitely feels more American. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini and other people. This one isn't really a comedy, either.

Feel free to post anything you're watching, especially stuff that isn't 10 seasons and 25 hour long episodes a season.

micah:
Travelers - Netflix (and apparently showtime)
Started watching this 3-season show on a whim after watching Continuum (another short lived 4-season show with a similar plot/setting)  It got cancelled and aired it's last episode in 2018 so I would think it qualifies for this discussion thread. It stars that guy from Will and Grace along with a great cast of unknown Canadians who work great together.  Worth watching through.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Amazon Prime
My wife got me into this period comedy.  Genuinely funny. Only 2 season (18 episodes) so far but getting lots of acclaim and was renewed for season 3.

ober:
Dead to me is pretty good.  Only a few episodes in but I dig it.

KnuckleBuckett:
Fleabag was addicting.  I watched season 1 and 2 almost without a break.

Jake:
Charlie, thanks for creating this thread - there is so much garbage out there that I appreciate a good recommendation.

--- Quote from: charlie on May 26, 2019, 02:59:37 AM ---Catastrophe - Amazon Prime
I've seen 1.5 seasons, again 6 episodes per season. I think there's 4 seasons so far. The wife has't started it, not sure if she will. I'm not sure I love the characters or enjoying watching them deal with shit, but I do enjoy the honesty quite a bit and I guess it's funny. It's kind of a harsh comedy.

--- End quote ---

we started watching this yesterday and it is excellent! watched 3 episodes so far

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version