Entertainment & Artistry > Photography/Video/Movies & TV

another cord cutting thread

(1/3) > >>

Jake:
We attempted to cut the cord this month. And after all the options, we would save less than $15 per month and would have 3 different providers. Comcast handles our internet, cable, and security. When I told them I am ready to cancel them, shy of the internet, they gave me a pretty great deal. $139.96 for all three services across two tvs - this price includes taxes and fees. This is about $45 less than what were paying recently.

Jake:
oh, plus they gave me stars for free too.

Perspective:
Last year I paid $29.99 for 500 Mbps internet because I called and tried to cancel. Once the 12 months were up, I called again and am now paying $34.99 per month for 1 Gbps internet. Theses plans are around $120 per month on the website. It's insane what they charge and how much of a discount they'll give if you say you are cancelling.

ober:
We dropped 'cable tv' a while ago.  We were paying ~$155 for tv+internet+1 dvr unit+1 modem.  Now we still get the internet through Spectrum for $70 + $45 for Hulu w/ live tv + $16 for HBO.  We just dropped Netflix and we are considering dropping Amazon prime because Amazon is a terrible company.  So we're paying almost as much as we were but there are benefits to my current setup:

1) Tv in the living room and master bedroom are roku tvs and we have a roku on the tv in the basement, all of which stream everything we want.
2) Hulu has a cloud DVR which is nice and accessible anywhere with no extra devices.
3) Roku interface is awesome regardless of the app you are using.
4) Hulu streaming live is 1000% better than Spectrum streaming options.
5) I can easily upgrade/downgrade Hulu to fit our needs (not the case with Spectrum)
6) The internet with Spectrum now includes a free modem/router combo which is actually a decent device with great range on the wifi.  I have it in my office on the second floor and the kids use it easily in the basement.

So... considering I tried most of the services available, I'm pretty happy.

Jake:
Why are you saying that Amazon is a terrible company?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version