Author Topic: Any AVG users left?  (Read 4809 times)

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
Re: Any AVG users left?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 04:12:11 PM »
Linux distros rock.  They keep my beer mug from ruining my desk.

:rofl2: the best part is as i read this i see my coffee mug sitting on my windows 7 dvd :rofl2:
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Any AVG users left?
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 03:34:43 PM »
Windows only: Just last week popular antivirus utility AVG updated to a new version; today the similarly popular adware-removal tool Ad-Aware sees its own update to Ad-Aware 8.1, featuring faster scans, improved design, and different modes to fit your needs.

(Click the image above for a closer look.)

Ad-Aware is one of those tools that's gained a lot of popularity through its free version, which—unlike the $27 or $40 paid version—doesn't include all of the app's features, but it does the same basic adware scanning it's always done, only faster.

For example, CNET reports quick scans that completed in about 3 minutes where the old version would take 10. If you were to pony up cash for the paid versions, you'd also get antivirus protection, a new behavior-based detection engine that learns what you don't deem a threat, and a real-time registry monitor. If all you're interested in, however, is running a basic adware scan, Ad-Aware Free has always and still is a good tool for the job.

Ad-Aware is available for Windows only, comes in free and paid versions.