Author Topic: Terrorist Hunt  (Read 3072 times)

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Terrorist Hunt
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:22:49 PM »
After completing the HL2 line (as it exists so far) I find myself wanting to play some more FPS.  What I'd like is something similar to what the Rainbow Six games had where after you played a map in regular mode you could play it in "Terrorist Hunt" mode where the objectives were removed and the map was filled with terrorists ready for you to shoot.  Was great when I only had a little bit of time and/or didn't want to sit through cut scenes/exposition you tend to get in story modes.

Can anyone make some recommendations?

ahluka

• Jackass IV
Re: Terrorist Hunt
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »
It's nothing like Rainbow Six (other than being an FPS) but Painkiller is good for killing 20 minutes. It's just you, a ton of dudes, guns and some interesting level design. Good review here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57-Painkiller

I find it gets boring when I play it for more than half an hour or so, but that doesn't like it'd be an issue.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »
Call of Duty 4
+1

there's no real challenge to the "tasks" -- its just a matter of how hard you set the difficulty...the more difficult, the more guys keep coming at you that you get to shoot. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:26:34 PM »
So I checked out the COD4 demo today and it looked good.  One question:  A big part of rainbow 6 was mission planning, does COD4 have anything like that?

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 03:35:45 PM »
So I checked out the COD4 demo today and it looked good.  One question:  A big part of rainbow 6 was mission planning, does COD4 have anything like that?
no, COD takes you where you need to go as part of the story line. There's very little thinking involved.  Just shoot and don't get shot.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 04:00:22 PM »
oh :(

One thing I really liked about rainbow 6 was the ability to make them harder by limiting what you took with you.  I remember one level was an oil tanker.  I started off with two snipers and two assult teams and worked my way down to one assult team using desert eagles and extra ammo :)