Author Topic: Shootings  (Read 33771 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Shootings
« on: December 14, 2012, 12:04:49 PM »
instead of starting a new thread every time there is a random shooting of innocent people in public, I just figured I'd start a new topic.

To get things started: Newtown Connecticut elementary school, about 45 minutes from me.   http://www.ctnow.com/news/hc-police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,455352.story  The newpaper just tweeted that a source confirmed "children among the dead"  God this is just awful
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
Re: Shootings
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:50:32 PM »
This really has me upset. At an elementary school. Keep thinking about former students and coworkers lying on the floor dead and I know others in education are dealing with that reality right now...
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

Perspective

• badfish
  • Jackass In Charge
    • http://jeff.bagu.org
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »
So sad...

I really wish the media wouldn't go crazy reporting this, but they will... and the next twisted lunatic out there will know he can go out in a blaze of media glory by killing a bunch of innocent people.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »
20 fucking kids, 8 adults...fucking horrific.

Two of the adults are legally license to carry a concealed pistol but prevented from doing so by stupid stupid gun zone laws. Just one of them could have saved a lot of lives.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »
Agreed Perspective.

It's okay though - the solution is for everyone to have guns...in schools...One of the stupidest fucking things I've ever read.
govtcheez03:  i kind of look for it - i seek out stupidity and annoy it until it either gets better, gets banned, or goes away on its own

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
Don't bother to respond Steve on this.  I won't agree with you.  Period. 

In near tears here over this one.  Keep seeing flashes of my own classroom and students.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »
20 fucking kids, 8 adults...fucking horrific.

Two of the adults are legally license to carry a concealed pistol but prevented from doing so by stupid stupid gun zone laws. Just one of them could have saved a lot of lives.
Stop it. Seriously.

I know a LOT of people are quick to make this about gun control, but I don't think the political issue is the one we need to talk about right now. Whoever did this is mentally NOT well, and these sort of people need help.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
Yea - I'm not even mad at the gunman.  Not at all.  Felt the same way about the linebacker in KC a few weeks ago.  Just feel its a huge tragedy.  You know the man was not well....A failure of our mental health system - which has been losing funding steadily for decades - but still a failure.

Same goes for Aurora, Congressman Giffner (sp), Oregon, Wisconsin...I could go on...

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 04:44:18 PM »
I've had a pit in my stomach all afternoon trying not to cry at work. I don't think I've felt this way after hearing something in the news since 9/11.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
I've had a pit in my stomach all afternoon trying not to cry at work.

Agreed. Been busy with an urgent task but now it's done and there's not much I can do without coming back to thinking about this. So sad.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 05:15:24 PM »
beyond words.

so very, very sad. all those poor kids. :(
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

kermi3

• ?
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »
^^^^ to everyone...so fucking sad.....

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
agreed.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
I have been in meetings and stuff most of the day and my wife was texting me details.  I literally had to stop her.  I wanted to puke.  I can't imagine what those families are going through.

jkim

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »