Joe Biden (D)
3 (60%)
Jo Jorgensen (L)
2 (40%)
Howie Hawkins (G)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 03, 2020, 02:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Election 2020  (Read 53729 times)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
Re: Election 2020
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2020, 12:07:44 PM »
I don't disagree with some of your points, Jake.  I disagree with the concept of 'punishing the Dems' by voting for Trump.  That's a really backwards idea to me.

fair enough.
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2020, 01:31:39 PM »
Wow.  You guys jumping on Jake enough?  Jeez...

I think that Charlie, and Mike, and Ober (to a lesser extent) are concentrating on the wrong thing here. They seem to be concentrating on how I will vote and why, where I am posting about how Trump can lose this election and the overall failure of the democratic party to make that happen.

Well, I wouldn't say it's the "wrong" thing. You explained how you plan to vote and we're trying to understand why. You're ignoring those questions and talking about the election in general. Of course you don't have to answer but I don't see anything wrong with us asking and then looking for clarification when your response is unrelated.

Wow.  You guys jumping on Jake enough?  Jeez...

Not trying to jump on you, Knuck, but do you ever have conversations about politics with people you don't agree with? I don't do it a lot, but this seems relatively tame to me.

If anybody doesn't want to discuss their opinion they don't have to. No biggie. I specifically used the poll so that we could see what folks here were thinking without everybody having to open themselves up to the third degree. If Jake doesn't want to explain his voting preferences further he's free to stick to election analysis.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2020, 02:08:04 PM »
I don't do it a lot, but this seems relatively tame to me.

Well, other than Mike's comments - but I think that was rather out of character. Or perhaps he is finally showing his true colors :p

Love to all
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2020, 02:56:12 PM »
There is always reason to get heated about politics. The decisions made by those in government have huge effects on real people's lives. Bad or misguided decisions lead to death, pain, heartache, misery, and more for potentially millions of people.

Even in cases where it seems clear that decisions are being made that directly hurt people, there are always those who see it differently, sometimes due to a different understanding of the facts, or different moral priorities, or whatever. In those cases I get the anger and understand that it takes real restraint to not lash out.

Seems like it's your responsibility to understand that and wade through any harsh rhetoric to listen to the point being made as much as it is his to make his comments gentler to avoid offending you.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2020, 03:45:30 PM »
I don't do it a lot, but this seems relatively tame to me.

Well, other than Mike's comments - but I think that was rather out of character. Or perhaps he is finally showing his true colors :p

Love to all
You both fucking suck and should be ashamed of yourselves.  Do neither of you have a fucking conscience or morals?

Tell us what's really bothering you, Mike.

So, I decided to think on this for a couple of days before responding.  First, I am recovering from a cold so much chill level is near zero.  But, honestly that isn't what is bothering me, it just makes it harder to refrain.

I've got friends, families, and acquaintances that are being harmed by Trump's policies and rhetoric and those of his administration.  These people include gay, trans, black, and a few other vulnerable groups.  I also see Trump actively attacking my country and its system of governance for his own gain or the gain of his cronies.  This is a country that I signed up to defend.  I see the people who should be holding him accountable abdicating that responsibility and instead encouraging and supporting that behavior.  All while pretending it is the other side's fault for calling him out.

And during all this, I see crowds of people cheering him on.  The prisoners are cheering their torturer.

That is why I'm pissed.  And I'm doubly pissed at those with the intelligence and understanding to see what is happening but turn a blind eye to it.

I can kinda of forgive those who voted for him in 2016.  Those who vote for him in 2020 are unforgivable.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2020, 12:46:53 AM »
True.  All true.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2020, 09:42:39 AM »
https://youtu.be/KQ-YjGmpO4Q

This is the type of stuff I alluded to above

https://youtu.be/JKeG1iJNxGs    :D

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2020, 01:48:28 PM »
Haha... you almost got me Jake! I was just about to dive into a conversation and ask about how that type of stuff would affect your preference for President, especially given the order of magnitude worse behavior of the other major nominee. But then I realized, that's not about your preference at all!

You're just commenting on how other people in the electorate will take a look at Biden's creepy behavior and think to themselves, this guy should not be President. They will consider this type of creepy behavior disqualifying and just won't vote for the Democratic candidate. What a fail by the Democrats to nominate somebody who acts creepy around women and young girls! If only they had nominated somebody moderate that can win over the centrist vote but also not creepy, then they'd have a chance to defeat Trump*!

* As in Trump, the guy with multiple rape accusations against him, multiple documented instances of infidelity, with even more stories of creepier creepiness (see Miss USA dressing room), and who literally said in audio for everybody to hear that when you're famous you can go up to women and "grab them by the pussy". Yep, no way that voters leaning Trump will go over to someone who touches a girl's arm and whispers in her ear!

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2020, 02:06:04 PM »
I thought that Sanders will bow out today - he didn't - but I think he was hinting at it. I also think he had a pretty great speech today, and by pressing Biden on the issues that are important to the far left, he is starting to push his voters towards Biden. He essentially gave him a cheat sheet. Overall, good communication.

Biden also had some good remarks yesterday. I liked his demeanor and message on the virus outbreak. I think that is his shot to show the public how he would deal with a crisis that Trump is obviously bungling. Tremendously bungling. ;)

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2020, 02:13:25 PM »
My son asked me if Obama could be Biden's VP - I wasn't sure, but I don't see why not. That would be a twist

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2020, 02:42:53 PM »
My son asked me if Obama could be Biden's VP - I wasn't sure, but I don't see why not. That would be a twist
Not a legal / constitutional scholar by any means but I don't think Obama could.  He is no longer eligible to hold the office of President since he hit the term limit.  And since the whole point of the VP is to be the backup it would defeat the purpose.

I would be crying shenanigans if this was attempted.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2020, 04:47:19 PM »
I think the text of the amendment is that they can't be elected President, so Obama would be allowed to run as VP and finish out the term if Biden died or resigned.

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2020, 08:29:30 PM »
Clearly the intent is to limit the how long a single person can serve as president.  We are a common law country so even if the exact text does forbid it I would still think it'd get squashed by the courts.  But who knows, maybe we'd get caught up in the various interpretations like some other issues.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:19 AM »
While I think that would be awesome, that would also be terrible.  That's a slippery slope into what is happening in Russia.

On another note - Trump's speech last night was yet again packed with misinformation and lies.  Insurances companies are already coming out and saying that what he said about some of the coverage is just wrong.  And can someone please get that man a tissue?  The constant sniffling he does makes him sound like he should be in the ICU.

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2020, 11:04:47 PM »
I started watching a live stream of Bernie talking about the current pandemic and was really liking what he had to say.... until he got about 4 minutes in and just started trash talking the current administration as incompetent.  I'm not usually one to shout "this is not a time to be partisan" but, seriously, this is not a time to make things political. I get that there are different ideas for the role of government and how to handle the situation... but seriously, give your advice, share your ideas, remind people of their duty in our caring society then shut up. 
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."