Author Topic: Another Tennessee Vacation  (Read 2679 times)

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
  • mini-ober is taking over
    • Windy Hill Web Solutions
Another Tennessee Vacation
« on: October 15, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »
We went to Tennessee (just outside of Pigeon Forge) last week for the 3rd year in a row.  Absolutely love these vacations!  Quiet cabin with tons of room to stretch out and relax, plus a pool and hot tub to enjoy.  Plenty of stuff to do locally and good food nearby.   We loved it so much we booked next year's vacation before we checked out.  We had spent years doing city/touristy vacations where you are crammed into a hotel room and around tons of people and that's just not relaxing.  I feel like we can truly get away and recharge when we go on these trips.  Just thought I'd share in case anyone is reasonably in the region to go there for a few days to get away.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
Re: Another Tennessee Vacation
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »
Short of areas near friends and relatives, we rarely repeat a vacation area.  Modes may repeat driving, cruising, etc. but not areas.  That said we do things that way to get to know enough global areas so that we can start to focus on favorietes.  Like I would totally dig spending a week in Florence, Italy or Barcelona, Spain.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:58:41 AM »
I would say the same for vacations in the past but we've really grown to love the cabin experience in Tennessee.  I get wanting to experience other places and things but I really just want a few days a year to just completely checkout.

I'm at the point now where I'm not sure there is anywhere I would spend an entire week at.  I much prefer 3-4 nights somewhere - a quick hit with enough time to slip into relaxation mode without getting restless.

Jake

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »
That's awesome Ben, glad you had a nice time. Were the kids off from school?

I looked to book a cabin in that area for thanksgiving a couple of months ago and everything that was reasonably priced was all booked up!
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 05:57:59 AM »
Ever take the helicopter tour in PF?  Amazing.  Sit in the bubble.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 08:22:46 AM »
@Jake - the kids had Thursday and Friday off because of teacher stuff and columbus day.  We did take them out on Wednesday though.  And yeah, you really need to be looking at least 6 months in advance to get the reasonably priced ones on the dates you want.  And holidays are often booked up way in advance.

@Knuck - no, haven't done the helicopter tours.  I would like to but I know Sam won't.

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 11:23:20 PM »
Sounds good to me. Our kids got this whole week off so we stayed in a hotel in Lake Tahoe for a few nights. It's their offseason so it was pretty deserted and chill (and cheap). I didn't take any time off so the fam just hung out and did things nearby while I worked in the hotel and then we went out a bit in the afternoons and evenings. Highlight was riding bikes through the forest to watch the salmon swimming upstream from a local creek. We didn't see much salmon but we saw a family of bears fishing in the creek so that was cool.

We try to mix up our trips. We have favorite spots (including Tahoe) that we usually hit for short outings of 1-3 nights, but if we're going anywhere for longer we try to make it someplace new. I like that our girls build memories from going to the same places multiple times but we also want them (and us) to be exposed to as much new stuff as possible.

ober

• Ashton Shagger
  • Ass Wipe
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 09:40:40 AM »
I don't disagree with that.  We want our kids to have different experiences and we do go on day trips and stuff.  Like we took them to the ocean for the first time just for 2 nights earlier this year.  I'm not saying we won't ever go anywhere else, but we all really enjoy this vacation and we'll probably keep doing it until that changes.