Author Topic: Google Domains  (Read 5643 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Google Domains
« on: October 09, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »
https://domains.google.com/about/

I've got a couple invites to share if anyone's interested, PM me.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

Mike

• Jackass In Charge
  • Ex Asshole - a better and more caring person.
Re: Google Domains
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »
As a Google whore, yes please :D

hans

• Guitar Addict
  • Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 04:30:36 PM »
This has been around for a bit right? I guess I'm not quite sure what Google's doing that I'm not already getting with just using them for app and using name.com for domains. I'm a big Google fan but for the moment I'm happy enough with name.com.

Unless you guys think it's super awesome, in which case yes, I'll take an invite.
This signature intentionally left blank.

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 10:30:58 AM »
Also a google whore.  So if you more, I would like one.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

Betazep

• Sunk
  • Founders
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »
I own a domain again.  Now I need to figure out what to do with it.  Maybe a blog at some point.  (been thinking about it lately)

The google interface is really nice.  I like the privatization settings.  I like that it integrates with google DNS automatically (or you can use another).  I like the 100 email forwarders and the website forwarders.

My domain is locked for transfers too, with auto renew.

$12 a year... not shabby.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:18:26 PM by KnuckleBuckett »
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »
I wonder if they'll start making this new .app TLD available through their registrar service?

http://domainnamewire.com/2015/02/26/google-pays-25-million-for-app-domain/
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

KnuckleBuckett

• Jackass In Charge
  • [url=http://google.com]I search a lot[/url]
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 07:18:35 PM »
I own a domain again.  Now I need to figure out what to do with it.  Maybe a blog at some point.  (been thinking about it lately)

The google interface is really nice.  I like the privatization settings.  I like that it integrates with google DNS automatically (or you can use another).  I like the 100 email forwarders and the website forwarders.

My domain is locked for transfers too, with auto renew.

$12 a year... not shabby.

I use mine for email.  My whole family, myself and the odd special temp use.  They can then be filtered through gmail or the like.  Never need to fool with changing email when changing providers.