Author Topic: Need some logo/image ideas  (Read 874 times)

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Need some logo/image ideas
« on: March 05, 2011, 10:28:21 AM »
Its been a couple years since I've actively tried to find new clients for my freelance work and I'm thinking its time I step up my outreach; update my website and create a facebook page.

For the sake of having a domain name and facebook page, I'm using the name "MJM Web Services" often expressed as:

< MJMwebservices />

In creating my facebook page though, I quickly realized I need an actual image. I'm not really keen on a having a kitchy logo as I'm not trying to look like a real business but instead, make it clear from my site that I am one guy doing part-time freelance work.  At the same time, I don't just want to throw a picture of myself up there because, well lets face it, I'm not that good looking.  Also, I don't have many engaging pictures of myself that would shout "I'm a professional web programmer, hire me"

Any ideas what I should do?  Should I mess around in GIMP with my < MJMwebservice /> text? Should I combine that with a picture?  and if so, of what?  Me? Or a stock-photo of computery stuff?   :dunno:
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

micah

• A real person, on the Internet.
  • Ass Wipe
  • Truth cannot contradict truth.
    • micahj.com
Re: Need some logo/image ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 03:46:46 PM »
i think you're beautiful, bro

thanks ethic :)
"I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.  I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

charlie

• Jackass In Charge
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 06:10:52 PM »
Should I mess around in GIMP with my < MJMwebservice /> text?

This. IMHO.

Steve

• This 49%er supports Romney
  • Just a Jackass
  • Mr. Mom
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:26:52 AM »
Yea I'm with charlie.

Here's the problem. Most people are going to think you are a company, and you need to steer around that more in the about me section than in the logo. The logo should pull them in, and the website/fb info should explain it all.

The other thing they will think, if you do portray your singledom through the logo, is that you are just some hack from craigslist.

You are a professional. Pull them in and then hit them with that. You're so good, you don't need a team. And so on.
hey ethic if you and i were both courting lily allen..... oh wait, which one of us has a relationship that lasted more than the bus ride home?